Evalaze Application Virtualization

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by andyman35, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I just found this while mooching about.it's a virtual App creator that appears to be similar in functionality to VMWare ThinApps,only it's free,at least for now. ;)

www.Evalaze.com/en/

2. culla

culla Registered Member

unfortunately needs net2 to run i'll stick to my method to make programs portable no net framework needed :D

3. andyman35

Yeah I figured the .net thing will put some folks off.I currently use Symantec Workspace Virtualization but of course that requires the client software to be installed.

What method do you use to make portable apps Culla? For speed I sometimes use BartPE plugin creator tool or the Universal Extractor 7-zip combo.

4. culla

culla Registered Member

i make them by having returnil2008 turned on
    create and install into a new folder on desktop
    then move folder to external drive
    restart and see if it still works
    [works for 90% of programs i've tried]
    doesn't work if program needs to be restarted before use

5. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

Seems like an interesting new option, maybe enthusiasts and testers can chip in and let us know how this one works and performs against viruses.:D

6. andyman35

Well I'll be having a play with it over the weekend.I had a brief look at it yesterday and the interface reminds me a lot of Xenocode.
    It may well be of particular interest to 64bit users,since it supports all versions.

7. Newby

Newby Registered Member

I am also looking at this. I tried the x32 Opera of Evalaze and it worked okay. Took 3 secs on a low/medium spec laptop to completely launch Opera. But hey then you have got VM alike protection (I hope :D ), on speed that is better than most application virtualisation aps on my rig (little slower than RX SandboXIE though)

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Has anyone noticed the apps are outdated in that list? Whether it makes a huge difference I don't know, I just spotted that.

9. Serapis

How is this app or xenocode a securtiy solution that can replace sandboxie? they seem to only work for app compatibility and virtualization like thinapp, making them useless for determined deliberate bypasses.o_O

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Define determined deliberate bypasses please

11. Serapis

This means malware that could be tailored to evade virtualization techniques or sandboxing (not sandboxie however b/c its designed to be a security app). If memory serves me right, viruses that bypassed thinapp couldnt do the same to sbie. their site used to state that it wasnt meant to be used as a security product right before the symantec aquisition. the same could be said about FD-ISR Original and killdisk; simply it is not designed to be a security product in tht aspect and could be bypassed by the virus also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.