Eusing Washer!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rookieman, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

2. andy_rose

andy_rose Registered Member

hmm, looks ok. it's not going to take me away from r-wipe&clean, but a nice free alternative for sure.

3. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Hi Andy,I was just looking for something that I could install on my 3 comps for now.In the mean time I could still buy R-Wipe for my own comp and install the Eusing on my son's computers.:thumb:

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I will try it one time, if it doesn't clean anything after my boot-to-restore, I won't need it.
    The problem with all these cleaners, including my R-Wipe, is that they don't do a cleaning of most softwares, just a few popular ones, while the rest of superfluous objects remains on your harddisk.

If softwares can't even uninstall themselves properly, they won't clean their work objects either after doing their job.
    DVD Shrink is certainly one of them.

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

What program *will* clean the "superfluous objects" on your hard drive?

6. ErikAlbert

Right after I installed my on-line snapshot, I created a freeze storage with FDISR, that contains the contents of my on-line snapshot (= system partition).
    Each time I reboot FDISR compares my on-line snapshot with this freeze storage and UNDOES any change, so that my on-line snapshot = freeze storage = fresh installed system partition, which doesn't contain superfluous objects yet.
    So all these superfluous objects in my on-line snapshot are removed, because they don't exist in my freeze storage and after reboot my on-line snapshot = freeze storage.

It's not only superfluous objects, my freeze storage removes ANY change in my on-line snapshot, including registry changes, software folder changes, malware, ... whatever is changed.
    If I change the color of my desktop from green to red and I reboot, my desktop is green again, because my freeze storage removes any change.

P.S.: FDISR is terminated, you can't buy it anymore, so you have to find another solution.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  7. jdjudy

jdjudy Registered Member

8. ErikAlbert

I already explained in my previous post, how I clean my computer. No cleaner can beat this, because they don't know what to clean for any existing software world-wide. If you look at CCleaner or R-Wipe, they have a short list of which popular softwares are cleaned. That's not enough, isn't that logical ? :)
    I prefer total solutions, not a 2% solution.

R-Wipe cleans these softwares
    01. Adobe Reader
    02. Backup Utility
    03. Internet Explorer
    04. IrfanView
    05. Microsoft Management Console
    06. Microsoft Word
    07. Firefox
    08. NetMeeting
    09. Outlook Express
    10. Paint
    11. Remote Desktop Connection
    12. Thunderbird
    13. Windows Media Player
    14. Windows Movie Maker
    15. Wordpad

Only 15 softwares. That is nothing.
    Where is "DVD Shrink" ?
    Where is "VideoStudio" ?
    etc. etc. etc.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  9. jdjudy

jdjudy Registered Member

ErickAlbert, I understand you security strategy, I was mentioning the additional winapp file for CCleaner as one of your "trials". Thought maybe you would find it interesting how much additional information can be removed. Even the additional information that may be removed after your freeze reboot, such as windows updates, etc. I am sure that DVDShrink is included in the orginial winapp.ini for CCleaner and additional cleaning within the winapp2.ini. Though you can check it out yourself if interested...

10. ErikAlbert

OK. I will use it and test it. If it doesn't remove more in my basic images than I already did, than I can't use it.
    I will also test it in combination with DVD Shrink, because that is one software, I know that doesn't clean itself after it has done its job and those superfluous objects increase each time when you use DVD Shrink. I had to use my FDISR log to find out where these objects were stored.
    Thanks for the info. :)

11. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

With CCleaner you can add custom files/folders under "options - include" to clean what you want.

Or you could use the Deltree command which can be downloaded and placed in the sys 32 folder then make your own batchfile to cleanup whatever.

After I install XP I turn off file protection, copy and paste Deltree to sys32 and run my batchfile which deletes around half of XP's useless folders/files, well useless to me at least.:D

Don't ever leave a line unfinished testing a Deltree batchfile or you will wipe your drive.:ouch:
    Deltree

12. ErikAlbert

Possible, but then I have to find out where all these objects are stored and why do I have to do all that work, when I restore my system partition to a fresh installed state, which is still safer and doesn't require any knowledge.
    Quite a dangerous DOS command this "deltree", if you don't know what you are doing.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  13. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Think of the fun you could have Eric, along with a bit of a learning curve.

I know it's dangerous but I did run your baby, the "EricAlbert" virus, a while back on my Vista install that wiped my drive.:D

Luckily the app we were testing withstood the assault as it saved me from doing an image restore.;)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1062894&postcount=17

14. ErikAlbert

I avoid to use DOS commands. I learned DOS of course, my first OS was DOS, but I never used it anymore after Windows.
    Users made often this mistake on DOS-machines : "DEL A*.*" instead of "DEL A:*.*"

Well FDISR can't save me from this destructive DEL-command, I tried it and it was a complete disaster, only an image restore could save me. The same with the Killdisk Trojan.
    I don't consider a destroyed system partition as a disaster, I have that back in 10 minuts, like most users I guess, if they have a backup of course.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.