Eudora .mbx scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Variable, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Variable

Variable Registered Member

Does NOD32 version 2.5 have the ability to scan Eudora version 5.1 .mbx email files?
    It spent lots of time seemingly cycling on the in.mbx and out.mbx files, eventually showing the following (part000.htm):

C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\In.mbx »MIME »part000.htm - JS/IEStart.L trojan - quarantined
    C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\In.mbx »MIME » - error occurred while reading archive
    C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Out.mbx »MIME » - error occurred while reading archive

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , NOD32 can scan them . You have malware in your inbox
    C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\In.mbx »MIME »part000.htm - JS/IEStart.L trojan - quarantined

Please , open your mail client , find the particular message and manually delete it . If you don't do it , don't worry because if it tries to do something bad , AMON will catch it (if it is active , of course) :thumb:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm not aware of NOD32 scanning Eudora mailboxes. Maybe the first email is scanned, but not the rest to the format of the mailbox. However, IMON scans all incoming email and removes infected files before they reach the mailbox, and AMON scans all attachments that you open/access.

4. John2222

John2222 Registered Member

I believe the simple answer is NO. NOD32 can scan incoming emails, but can't scan or find viruses in existing .mbx Eudora mailbox files. It sure would be nice if that feature were added. I'm still waiting and hopeful for someday...

Here's the link to the previous thread regarding Eudora non-support by NOD32.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=99467

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.