EU Enterprises Will Have to Report Security Incidents to Authorities

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I'd really like to reply to the points raised by this thread but I'm concerned that my opinions might appear " political " ,
    and cause yet one more valid , intelligent and worthwhile thread to be locked.

Some may argue that there is a fine line between what is security related and what is political comment.

I take a very different view . I contend that there is a huge , wide , " grey " and diffuse area between the two .

How can there be free and intelligent discussion on these issues if there are opaque , undefined criteria used to decide
    what is acceptable comment , and what is "too political" ?

Try doing a quick forum search on Snowden , Five Eyes , or TLAs ..... there's a whole heap of stuff , so how can their
    massive impact on our privacy and security be discussed here WITHOUT some sort of political aspect creeping in ?

I recognize and respect the need for good moderation on a forum , but there is a real risk here of
    " throwing out the baby with the bath-water " .

Anybody else like to comment on this issue , or would that also be "too political" ?

I'm certainly not looking to start an argument here , but a little guidance on this obviously very sensitive area would be
    very much appreciated !