eTrustAntivirus eTrust EZ Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gerardwil, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Anybody can tell me the difference between that AV with and without the EZ added?
    Cheers,

Gerard

2. gerardwil

Thanks bigc, the attached shot shows the "without EZ" AV. Thats with Vet & Inoculate. Its running here right now.

Gerard

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I deleted my post because I just flat didn't remember. I did not want to post wrong info. I should have remembered since I have tried and have both on disc here. couldn't be old age sneaking up on me could it o_O

4. gerardwil

Could be the age but physically you were bloody fast :D

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Iam not as good as I once was but once I am as good as I ever was :D ;)

6. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I guess you are asking what the diffirence is between running eTrustv7 promo ( which has a life time licence of free updates and runs both Vet and InoculateIT engines) and EZ antivirus which has Vet engine only and can be obtained freely for a year . I prefer the e trust V7 promo . Its a very nice anti virus and very easy on the sysytem and very tidy .It is still available for download . However if that isnt what you are asking then Im off to the beach.

7. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I believe the Eav7promo (lifetime update) did not come with an email scanner?

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm also interested if this promo version is still available :)

9. solarpowered candle

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

11. gerardwil

Thanks for answering. EZ has only the Vet engine was the answer I was looking for. I found on a MS site there is a one year free EZ Armor which includes a firewall.
    I am running at the moment the version with Vet and InoculateIT with a 4-year license which was paid €49 for. It runs smoothly together with Ewido and my own firewall.

Cheers,

Gerard

12. jima

jima Registered Member

Originally Posted by solarpowered candle
    I guess you are asking what the diffirence is between running eTrustv7 promo ( which has a life time licence of free updates and runs both Vet and InoculateIT engines) and EZ antivirus which has Vet engine only and can be obtained freely for a year . I prefer the e trust V7 promo . Its a very nice anti virus and very easy on the sysytem and very tidy .It is still available for download . However if that isnt what you are asking then Im off to the beach.

Forgive me if I don't understand, but are you saying that once you download the promo you never have to pay for updates? That doesn't seem possible. Wouldn't that make it freeware like Avast or avg? Or does the free lincense last only until there is a new version?

13. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I tested V7 a while back but could not get the program to update the virus def.

14. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have a question. I have this file downloaded and got my number key, but not installed yet. Norton AV 2004 expiring 25 days. I use only Comcast mail. Considering what you said above and I am sure Comcast is protecting there email servers too. I should be at ease about using the EZ AV Promo. Yes or No? Anybody? What do you think? :doubt:

15. kloshar

kloshar Registered Member

16. solarpowered candle

Its free and if you subscribe to the virus alerts email (free) it advises when driver updates are available for the engines.

17. gerardwil

Thanks for the link, there is a logo saying: free trial

quote Solarpowered candle:

Its free and if you subscribe to the virus alerts email (free) it advises when driver updates are available for the engines. end quote

Is it possible you can update only once?

Otherwise i am confused paying €49 for a 4-year license (well somebody else did, but that doesnt matter)

18. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

To see how Comcast does in protecting you do this test.
    http://www.testvirus.org/

Road Runner misses #23-26 and #5 which is a Macnitosh mail format. Road Runner uses Symantec Corporate to scan. I then tried the test using my dslr mail address which uses Kaspersky to scan. KAV misses #8 which is a virus and #24 and 25 which do not contain a virus and thus KAV would not catch them even if other AV do.

If Comcast does well in the test then use EZ AV Promo.

19. solarpowered candle

Im not sure where you get the "free Trial logo "from . Is that the link that I gave or is it Kloshers link?

20. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I'm a big fan of Computer Associates offerings,being a long term user and tester.
    Their products are no frills,light and easily configured, and very good products.
    I am suitably impressed with the Vet detecton engine and as such I recommend the single engined product my choice.

Kev
    :)

ps Hello SPC, long time no chat! :)

21. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    I am using Etrust AV free year of updates promo. I guess had a real hard time getting rid of Norton AV 2004 see my post today. I like it CA Etrust too. :D

key is good from download for one year, not install I sat on key for a little while and lost a little time. Thought time would start for first DAT update but no. That's o.k. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.