ETrust EZ AntiVirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pmhoran, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmhoran

pmhoran Registered Member

I have been using EZ AntiVirus since it turned from the free InnoculateIT (which I used for years before). I love the software. Never had a virus or trojan or worm.

A week or so ago it automatically downloaded a updated version. Fine ... but everytime I opened my browser it was asking me to register. So I did ... just to satisfy the danged thing ... even though I am already registered. Suddenly ... my subscription & registration is good for an added year. BONUS. An added year ... no charge.

My problem is I am too honest I guess. I decided to contact the CA Tech Support and advise them of the problem and "their gift" of an added year. FINALLY ... a week later I get a response telling me to download the latest version and reinstall it ... that will solve the problem. Morons!!!

But I followed their instructions ... registered again ... and I still have my "free year" showing up. So ... to heck with them. I tried to be honest and they have a moron who won't read what I wrote respond to me. So its their problem now.

I hope EVERYONE who has the program and is being requested to register again also gets a free year. Maybe then they will start paying attention.

End of soapbox tirade
    Peter

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Oh well...I guess CA just has a very good heart.

Maybe they're running some sort of promotion to make users stick to their product longer....o_O

Firecat

3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Maybe they are rewarding you for being a loyal user. They have already given a free year to everyone else on the planet. Good to see it has provided you good protection. Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.