ETrust EZ AntiVirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pmhoran, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmhoran

pmhoran Registered Member

I have been using EZ AntiVirus since it turned from the free InnoculateIT (which I used for years before). I love the software. Never had a virus or trojan or worm.

A week or so ago it automatically downloaded a updated version. Fine ... but everytime I opened my browser it was asking me to register. So I did ... just to satisfy the danged thing ... even though I am already registered. Suddenly ... my subscription & registration is good for an added year. BONUS. An added year ... no charge.

My problem is I am too honest I guess. I decided to contact the CA Tech Support and advise them of the problem and "their gift" of an added year. FINALLY ... a week later I get a response telling me to download the latest version and reinstall it ... that will solve the problem. Morons!!!

But I followed their instructions ... registered again ... and I still have my "free year" showing up. So ... to heck with them. I tried to be honest and they have a moron who won't read what I wrote respond to me. So its their problem now.

I hope EVERYONE who has the program and is being requested to register again also gets a free year. Maybe then they will start paying attention.

End of soapbox tirade
    Peter

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Oh well...I guess CA just has a very good heart.

Maybe they're running some sort of promotion to make users stick to their product longer....o_O

Firecat

3. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Maybe they are rewarding you for being a loyal user. They have already given a free year to everyone else on the planet. Good to see it has provided you good protection. Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.