eTrust ez antivirus released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bravesrule, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bravesrule

bravesrule Registered Member

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

The new GUI is a vast improvement. :)

3. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

But a nice new GUI will not make the scanner, what about detection, configuration etc.
    With the Beta, I did the Eicar mailtest at: http://www.testvirus.org/ and I think the result is very poor.

Results eTrust r7 Beta:

25 testmails
    7 x not detected: #4, #5, # 20, #22, #23, #24, #25
    18 x detected with the eicar file
    8 x moved to quarantine: #1, #2, #3, #6, #9, #13, #15, #16
    10 x detected with infection, but just reported and nothing done with:
    #7, #10, #11, #14, #17, #18, #19, #21, #26

from a CA man, I got the answer, that the program did, what it is supposed to. In the manual was stated, that all infections would be quarantined, but that doesn't work and the same man stated, that the manual was wrong and would be corrected.
    That really closes the door for me, as I always regarded eTrust AV as a great product, but with these kind of statements I can't live!!!!!!
    Even the Free AVG 7.0 Beta dropped all found infections in Quarantine!!!

;) Putin

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  4. shemmazur

shemmazur Guest

1. What I said was that it is be design in this version, and I explained why. I also said we *would consider changing it if enough people disliked the behaviour*.

2. EZ AV 6.3 does NOT rename or delete infected archives either. So in fact, nothing has changed in 7. The behaviour is the same.

3. My comments were/are my own. I try to speak openly in forums such as these, and give my opinions/recommendations openly. It is nothing more than that.

5. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Much appreciated and I just try to give my comments regarding the things I dislike about this scanner and I really think, there will me more with me as I think it's a big weekness. That's all.

;) Putin

6. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Registered Member

I'm confused...how is this different from the version 6.3 I just d/l a few weeks ago?

If it's truly beta, I want nothing to do with it.

FTR I have been a subscriber to eTrust since before they went pay (remember IncoulateIT) and I really like the product. Works for me anyway.

Can someone answer the above question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.