Etrust av 7 promo and Eudora

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zonnet, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zonnet

zonnet Registered Member

Can Etrust av 7 promo check incoming email and attachments. Can I integrate Etrust with Eudora to have real time email scan?

Thanks

Zonnet

2. groundling

groundling Registered Member

Not sure but, from the help files:

Select the Incoming and Outgoing Messages check box to enable realtime scanning by the email option. If this option is disabled, there is no email protection

Add: It's difficult for me to test as my ISP scans all my email and I use attachnent filtering.
    I do know with scan incoming/ outcoming files enabled ,I cannot download eicar test files .

3. minacross

minacross Registered Member

if you mean a mail scanner like NAV's, then no :'(
    but the realtime monitor is so good catching viruses..
    I had an e-mail with a .pif attached file infected with Sobig.F, the message was delivered to my inbox but I could not save it to my HDD as eTrust stooped it at once ;) ..

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I also have found that the EZ free firewall has excellent mail protection protecting from
    mailicious code or viruses. It quarantines these attachments preventing them running . It seems to jump in now before even the "real time monitor " has a chance . So with the promo s excellent monitor and the EZ firewalls mail protection I think one is very well covered .
    However even without EZ one is well covered.
    Another nice one to try is http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/test-defenses.asp

5. zonnet

zonnet Registered Member

Thanks for the answers to both of you! Which of the two scanning engined do you generally use, VET or Inoculate?

Groundling, how do you mean when you say that you use the attachment filtering?

Thanks.

Zonnet

6. groundling

groundling Registered Member

My firewall (outpost) has an attachment filter plugin.
    If an attachment has for instance a .scr ending it will rename it and move it to another folder. In essence it quarrantines the attachment. There's a choice of various rules. Fairly simple, but it helps by removing the possibility of accidentally running an attachment.

In outlook express ,under message rules, you
    can also set some rules regarding attachments, including not downloading from the server.

As result of Swen my Isp began scanning email at the server. (using Symantec), and they've always had good antispam.
    So with their AV, the filter and etrust 7 , I'm fairly well covered.
    against nasty attachments.
    But it's not possible for me to
    send or receive an eicar test file via POP mail .
    And with etrust incoming/outgoing enabled, I can't even download it! LOL
    I have to start turning things off to test, and then the ISP blocks it!

7. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

If your e-mail client supports command-line scans then you can use Etrust like this:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\ScanEngine\Inocmd32.exe -ACT MOVE -LIS:C:\virus.txt  <file>
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.