Ethernet Hardware Support + correct fixed file size

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hive, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hive

Hive Registered Member

following the advice for fixed IPs
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=64643&highlight=splitting
    i've tried that just to encounter a possible hardware conflict.

after i've booted with the TI-CD and choosing "Tools-Options"
    TI shows my Ethernet card eth0 with a mac address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF
    Finding that odd, i checked the mac under Windows: 00-10-48-...

Now, my guess is that Ti doen't recognizes/supports the built-in card.
    Admittedly, it's a rather old PC (PII @ 400MHz), but usually older hardware's
    better supported.
    The Ethernet card is a 3ComEtherlink 10/100 PCI TX NIC (3C905B-TX)

I'd "advice" for a list (even PDF) for all the hardware that's supported
    with a clear visible link next to "System requirements" on the Product page.
    Norton Ghost offers that and that's not a bad idea (but
    who want's to buy Norton stuff? ;) )

And while i'm on it: It would far more useful to put the comment about how
    to enter the file size (MB, GB or with 6 zeros) for fixed sized images correctly
    not only in the help menu, but also WITHIN the corresponding window when one tries to creat an image. Best in red letters, just to prevend stupid mistakes, like image a 8GB partition in 1KB files... for 22 hours.

Otherwise i'm just plain happy with TI :)

Thx

2. jts

jts Registered Member

I have asked for a list of supported hardware many times. I was very disappointed to find that the equipment I've used for years would not work with TI.

Again I will ask for that list posted to the Acronis web site.

thank you,
    jts

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hive,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

Send the output after each of the commands to support@acronis.com and proceed with the diagnostics issueing the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt and net.txt files from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the output of the commands described above. Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

As for the list of supported devices, it is being changed constantly because our Development Team is improving the drivers in each build. That is why it is not worth publishing new list every time. You may download the trial version and see how it works with your particular configuration. The free trial version is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.