Esteepc antivirus sales

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by daveiw, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Hello, a little while back my dad purchased a license from Esteepc for Eset Smart Security as it was much cheaper than other places. For a while all was well, but then suddenly the updates stopped in Eset, displaying a message suggesting the activation details are incorrect/not valid. I used my own details on his computer and all was well, suggesting something was wrong with the reg details - ie. blocked perhaps?

I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with them or are they generally worth buying from, or just a scam site?

Here is their website for info.

esteepc.co.uk/index/shop/

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i can not be 100% sure but i would not buy a lic from that web site. looks shady. and if there was time left on the lic and it gave that message most likely it was a lic key that was killed by eset. LOTS of bogus av sellers popping up lately. if you are in the uk i would check amazon they usually have decent deals and are normally legit as long as you buy from them directly or the items are fulfilled by them.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username so that I can check the status of the license.

4. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

My thoughts too, just hoping I'm wrong. Google searches only suggest the site is not a security risk as in no malware, nothing else really. Hoping someone would tell me that its just an unfortunate error nothing more still...

5. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Marcos, I sent the details to you in a pm as requested.

6. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

For anyone interested;

I posted the info to Marcos, who replied telling me that the site used Chinese generated serials and that the site and serials had now been blocked. To which I replied to see if ESET would be able to help out in any way (since my father bought the serial in good faith) and still haven't had a reply after a few days. I'm more than a little disappointed that neither Marcos nor anyone from Eset bothered to reply to my follow on question and it seems that we are just being left high and dry, but for what it's worth I advise people NOT to buy from the website linked.

7. Marcos

Please check your sent messages, the last one didn't contain any reply so I thought you sent it in error.
    As for further help with this case, I'd suggest contacting your local distributor (probably ESET UK) and explaining them the situation. I assume it shouldn't be a problem to solve it to your satisfaction, however, in the end it's a policy of each distributor to set rules for handling problematic cases like this.

8. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Thank you for the update Marcos, much appreciated. As for the local reseller, would you happen to know how I'd go about that? I'm assuming I just email Eset UK and notify them of the issue?

9. Marcos

Yeah, that should be enough I think. I've already been in touch with a guy working for the UK distributor and asked him to verify and confirm that the website you mentioned belongs to an illegal reseller so they should be aware of that.

10. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I found the website phishy the moment when I took a look at it. For the following reasons: lots of advertisements, google adwords which leads to pirated keys, not enough real contact information (only a mobile phone number), amateuristic terms & conditions, this was a very obvious line that they are indeed selling hacked accounts: Please bear in mind that Norton keys will be registered. This is why we provide license keys, product serial, login access account.

Some good tips to avoid visiting fraud sites are the following:

1) Check the contact page. Any legitimate company should have a contact address, phone number, contact person, what company is behind the shop. Not just a mobile phone number.
    2)An official re-seller should always have VAT number.
    3) Verify terms & conditions.
    4) Legitimate re sellers don't implement infolinks advertisements (when you hoover about words).

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

They're on Twitter too: -https://twitter.com/estee_info

12. MarkJamesNodUK

MarkJamesNodUK Registered Member

Did you get a satisfactory resolve for this ?

If not let me know I will get it sorted for you.

Mark

13. alant56

alant56 Registered Member

Hi all

Estee PC are not an authorised ESET Reseller. As far as we can see, they are "selling" illegal license keys. We block the ESET related links for anybody currently using ESET and have contacted Estee PC. The mobile number on their website is permanently switched to voice mail and they have not responded to messages left. They are only contactable via the contact form on the website and again have not responded to any messages sent, demanding they remove all references to ESET on their website. The address for the "business" is a residential address in Glasgow. I'm guessing other products being sold from their website are also illicit.

Regards

ESET UK

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I just want to confirm that buying from un-authorized ESET resellers is a bad idea - we have seen several times that licenses sold on eBay and other unauthorized channels have been legitimately bought licenses, that they sell to many, many, MANY users - but the time ESET finds out about the license abuse and turns of the license, they can have sold that license to 20, 40, 60+ users - all of which are defrauded, the paypal account has been closed and the purchasers are OUT OF LUCK.

Buy from an official reseller - if you have any problems with us - talk to us - if that fails - talk to ESET about us - we're not going to break the rules for a single sale and we're going to do right by our customers - we don't make a ton of money off a single sale, but we have customers who renew with us year, after year, after year... our business is built to grow year upon year by providing QUALITY SERVICE - most legitimate ESET resellers work that way! :D

15. caitya

caitya Registered Member

Hi Mark! Are you a bonafide representative of Eset Uk? If yes, the same story happened to me. I wanted to buy Eset licenses for 4 PCs for a year. I was stupid to not doubt about this guy, Luke, althought the price was very low. Few days ago the licences became invalid. I contacted Luke, but I noticed the his site went off, so I became really suspicious.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Wishes,
    Csaba

16. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Sadly I didn't pursue it, as I doubted that anything would be done, I used avast free for a while and recently installed the Eset 7 beta, but I'm very disappointed both with ourselves and the site.

When you said 'sorted' what did you mean by the way?

17. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

MarkJamesNodUK is an employee of ESET's distributor in the UK. You can contact them directly using any of the means listed at http://www.eset.co.uk/Support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

18. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Thank you, but is there no way to contact them via email?

The link suggests not obviously, but I would prefer to send some of the information via links and received emails, I obviously can't do that via a phone call.

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I think this is an email contact form? :)
    http://www.eset.co.uk/Support/Contact

20. MarkJamesNodUK

MarkJamesNodUK Registered Member

If you have any concerns over UK Licenses then please send me a PM i will give you an email address and we can communicate directly over email and phone if needed.

Mark

21. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Thank you for trying to help, but I believe that wouldn't be of use as it asks for an existing license, not a false one

As an update, I have contacted Mark (Eset UK) and will go from there.

Thanks guys/gals for your help.

Dave.

22. caitya

caitya Registered Member

I tried to send a pm to you but it is currently unavailable. :-(

23. SweX

SweX Registered Member

:oops: Sorry didn't think of that, glad you got it sorted anyway :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.