ESS vs VPN

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by VenZe, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenZe

VenZe Registered Member

Hello, here i've got some problems with ESS 3.0.650 & my VPN sessions.
    1. In interactive mode , every time I'm trying to connect to my providers vpn server , ess shows screen with asking of application trying to connect. After "Remember it" , it's ok . But , on the next reboot it's appears again. In the rules window there are many duplicate items of this connection. In the previous versions of ESS i havent got this problem
    2. Some times , I'm disable Firewall in ESS. Then, after enabling it, i've got problem, that ESS terminates my VPN session, showing messages with new application trying to connect (see problem №1)
    Any suggestions?

P.s. Sorry for bad English, hope you'll understand me.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, can you post a screenshot of the rule that's being created? It may need to be broader in scope. The easiest way may be to add it manually.

Problem #2 is probably directly related to Problem #1.

3. VenZe

VenZe Registered Member

Yeah..
    As you see, there are 2 groups of rules, that creates everytime(with inbound & outbound connections).
    After that, I manually added rule "VPN" with allowing all GRE&ESP connections, and problem was solved. But this rule is too global.. : \

Attached Files:

4. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, try editing the VPN rule you created and change the address on the "Remote" tab to 81.26.176.0.

5. VenZe

VenZe Registered Member

Hello, No it doesn't works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.