ESS & Vista

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by The One, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One

The One Frequent Poster

I'm very much impressed.
    Just installed ESS on a Vista Ultimate system. It's running great. Wow

2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

..... unless you have 64bit Vista.:)

Works well on my 32bit machine and just waiting to get it on the 64bit machine.

3. funtuva

funtuva Registered Member

Re: ESS & Vista. Firewall crashed.

I have been running Beta 1 for a week under Vista 32 and today the firewall crashed, some corrupted initialization files and the solution given: reinstall. So I did. Now I am not that sure the firewall will be as stable as I thougth. Also Defender keeps coming up after booting, and it takes me a couple of minutes to exit Defender, maybe they do not like each other.

Also the Vista security system does not recognize ESS as AV, so it keeps saying no AV installed etc... unless you check to monitor yourself, in which case you still will get the big annoying red x on the system tray anyway.

4. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

My Vista Ultimate recognised ESS perfectly fine. It think you need to un-install it, restart, clean up the files and then re-install.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: ESS & Vista. Firewall crashed.

@funtuva

It can be checked and repaired :)

First you may stop permanently Defender if you don't want it or just Exit it before installation/reinstalltion.

Read this post to "fix" your Security Center . The problem doesn't come from it , however. It is valid for all security products including NOD32 and ESS:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=893101&postcount=7

Then reinstall Eset Smart Security beta using this procedure:

1. Download fresh new ESS from http://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta1b/ess_nt32_enu.msi
    1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    2. Reboot the computer when prompted
    3. Delete manually
    - C:\Program files\ESET
    - C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset

4. Install again ESS beta . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password

6. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Well, I've just installed 64 bit Vista again so anytime you want to release Beta 2 would be fine...sooner the better tho :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.