ESS Trial software

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by patch, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patch

patch Registered Member

I / We have 5 home computers and would like to try ESS before buying. Does anyone know if

1) The trial software can be installed on multiple computers?

2) The trial software uses the current build and virus signatures?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

3. patch

patch Registered Member

kC_
    Thanks for the response.

Good tip on where to get the trial software, I hadn't realised theirs lasted for 90 days.

Since posting last time I have both tried it and raised a ticket on BetterAntiVirus.com The outcome of both was:

1) The trial software can be installed on multiple machines. I have put it on 4 so far, all behind a router on a home network.

2) Trial software uses the current program and virus signature database. It appears to differ from the full version only in it is pre-configured with a trial user name and password.

4. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

I see nowhere where the trial is 90-days. In fact 30-days is on every page I see. Also, the download is direct from Eset which probably affixes their normal 30-day. Where do you see anything different?

5. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

http://www.betterantivirus.com/nod32-90-day-trial-offer/

6. pcah

pcah Registered Member

sir,this 90 day trialware /is there a valid link that uk users can use.The link you give is only for usa/canada customers.

7. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

they accept purchases from any country (although support is only for us/canada)

if i was able to buy a license from them without any warning (im in the uk) i would imagine they allow trials . have you been refused by them?

8. pcah

pcah Registered Member

no it is ok,they have sent me the download link,user name and password by email.what threw me was there was no space for the country being the u.k. so i entered usa.
    now i can expunge nis 2008 at last!!!!

9. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Is there any link for Eset Antivirus 90 days trial ?

10. pcah

pcah Registered Member

yes its on the same link when you order the trial.you can choose which to have to download.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't see where one can choose between EA or ESS trial but we must remember that a license for ESS allows usage of EA , too (as a downgrade)

12. pcah

pcah Registered Member

You have to order the trial THEN it takes you to a download page where you can choose which trial you require.
    ALL eset products for all operating systems are on the page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.