ESS Serious Problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Georios, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georios

Georios Registered Member

This is my first post to this forum so hello everybody.Now here is the fact.The ess freaked out suddenly and keeps popping up messages about these objects:
    for my external hard disk drive F:

1)F:\autorun.inf INF/Autorun.gen trojan cleaned by deleting -quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.

2)F:\abk.bat Win32/PSW.OnLineGames.NMY trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.

and the same two types for my hard disk drive c:.

i am not an expert so i really need good advice because these messages are popping up constantly.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. exwoll

exwoll Registered Member

run your system under secure mode (restart ur pc nd press alt+f8 or f10 or f11 , depends of your pc, nd chose the secure mode), scan with ESS,scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware, scan with CCleaner.
    I had the same problem and Malwarebytes found 6 infections.....nd where was ESS realtime proteciton?? only god knows ¬¬.

3. elementsofdance

elementsofdance Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.