ESS has problem loading ekrn driver (conflict with SSM or Safensec, DefenseWall?)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by polocanada, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polocanada

polocanada Registered Member

Got this problem with all HIPS I was installing and I didn't know that it's ESS that is causing it:

ESS can't START at the same time as following applications:

- Safe'n'Sec
    - DefenseWall (possibly)
    - System Security Monitor
    - ProSecurity (possibly)

Seems I found the problem why I can't load system with ESS installed and either Safe'n'Sec -or- System Security Monitor ...

The problem is with ESS Eset Smart Security. If both ESS and Safensec OR ESS and SSM are loaded, the system hangs at some point when loading startup applications. It doesn't freeze, but hangs and stops responding.

When I disable autoloading ESS driver service ekrn, Safensec starts fine. I can then start ESS service manually by starting the driver with "net start ekrn".

This seems like driver loading problem. ESS needs to connect to kernel. It's possible there is a conflict with SMS and Safensec.

Polo

Vista, Dell XPS, 4gb ram.....
    so far nothing else installed other than what is comming from Dell.

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

no problems with ssm here - but I load ssm after windows is on

Ruben

3. polocanada

polocanada Registered Member

That's true. Interesting. I do have the same observation. When I run SSM after Windows is loaded, then of course there is no problem. The same thing other way around. When I let SSM load with system and start ESS manually, there is no problem.

The problem seems to be when all is set up on Autoload with system start...

Any comments from Eset support?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.