ESS / ESET Antivirus beta 2 available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Scheduled scans have always been run hidden in the background as they are performed at the kernel level. Once a command line scanner is added, you will be able to run it as an external application like in v2 and it will show up on the screen.

2. The_1337

The_1337 Registered Member

my computer crashed 3 times in a row, so i uninstalled the beta and my computer is fine...

3. Methos

Methos Registered Member

Great news....new beta products, outstanding...thanks!

4. jackm

jackm Registered Member

Get rid of the cascaded "Advanced options" context menu item for Explorer. The items it contains are completely redundant.

Clean files - I already have this option in the main context menu. And what's more I already decided whether or not I wanted the on demand scanner to clean files in the profiles section. Why are you wasting my space to do this again?

Quarantine file - Based on what? My gut feelings? Premonition? Surely I'm going to make the decision to quarantine my file based a scan aren't I? Perfect place to put a "Hey would you like to quarantine this?" option don't you think?

Copy file to Quarantine - Same as above but now I also want to keep a copy of a file that is quarantined... oh wait, that doesn't make sense... if theres a copy that's not in quarantine then what was the point?

Submit file for analysis... - You expect this to be such a regular requirement that it needs to be in the global context menu for every single file? Gut feelings on these too or ouija board instead? Or maybe the on demand scanner will tell me its suspicious and give me the option to submit it. On the odd occasion that this doesn't apply an option in the main UI will suffice.

Good product with some crazy UI decisions o_O

5. MenosOcho

MenosOcho Registered Member

Hi folks,

I've got three bugs:

- Setup, Personal Firewall, Advanced Personal firewall setup, Connection View, check/uncheck any option --> the changes are not saved.

- Setup, Personal, Switch to Interactive filtering, Configure rules and zones, right click, select full path --> Eset crash.

- Windows Firewall Console: it believe that the PC is not protected and it recommend turn on the Windows Firewall.

Platform:
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64
    Intel Corel 2 Duo
    2GB RAM

Nice product, best regards.
    Martin

6. indtram

indtram Registered Member

Hi !!!

I am new to the forum.... I had the problem of User Name and Password.... for that I am unistalling Beta 1a and downloading Beta 2 hope so this solve the issue....

My input:

I have Windows Xp/ Pentium D... with Windows Smartphone Orange e650 (aka HTC s710 VOX)...

After installing Beta 1a..when I started Activesync it refused to recognize the Phone and Started giving the Message "Not Connected"....

After programming the Eset FireWall .. it still refused to budge.... eventually had to Disable the Eset Firewall and Activesync worked fine....

Please look into this issue or If I need to do something else please let me know along with the Forum as many people would be using Windows Smart Phones these days.

Regards

7. cookie1977

cookie1977 Registered Member

My subscription to Eset Antivirus is up to date. I have no problems downloading up-dates to the program. Virus scans work well. No other problems except this one.

I have a problem that outlook 2003 crashes when I search for new email. I have pop, MS mail connector and imap settings on my outlook. If i turn 'off' eset antivirus beta 2 email scan, outlook no longer crashes when I search for new email. If after I download email from outlook with eset email scan turned 'off' and I then turn back 'on' email scan and re download email, outlook doesnt crash.

Anyone experience this?

PS Love the new GUI

System Specs
    windows xp pro sp2 all MS updates installed
    office 2007 home edition
    Outlook 2003
    centrino Dual Core 2 2ghz processor
    2gb of 667mhz ram
    Dell XPS m1210

8. funtuva

funtuva Registered Member

License expired, reinstalling does not work

I am a registered ESS Beta user

Was using ESS Beta 1b, uninstalled and reinstalled Beta 2. Now license expired. I have reinstalled twice and still the same.

Please advise how to get this unstuck.

9. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Re: License expired, reinstalling does not work

did you update the virusdatabase - that will download an update and everything will be ok again

Ruben

10. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Although I am sure that version 3 will be out "when it is ready", is there some sort of a time frame for expected or hopeful completion of this project?

11. svendoris

svendoris Registered Member

Hi Guys
    I currently have nod32 installed I believe it is simply the best. My question is regarding the firewall in the security suite, will it or does it pass all the leak tests as per Firewall Leak Tester. I have comodo running on my xp machine but this laptop is running vista and there is currently no decent firewall available that I trust.
    Sven:D

12. Pwntje

Pwntje Registered Member

Windows Vista still freezes here, ah well, lets wait till another beta.

13. pmi

pmi Registered Member

Another beta... From what I can see there are still features not completly implemented yet. And there are a lot of problems on beta2. I think we will have to test also a beta3 and 4 (new features), and if they use the MS way to test, we will see RC1 and 2, and maybe a RC3. But in the end I hope we will have a stable and long lasting product.

14. jeksenly

jeksenly Registered Member

Any link for RC1 or more??

15. pmi

pmi Registered Member

Who told you or where you read that there is a RC1 yet? Just wait and maybe there will be one.

16. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Such version is not ready yet . Read these forums often for more info and you'll understand when ready.

17. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

Hi, I have a 2 year license and my question is how would I go about upgrading to ESET Smart Security when it becomes available and how much extra will it cost? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Also if I try the ESET Smart Security Beta will that interfere with my 2 year license at all? Love the new GUI and great work to those who made it possible they need a pay raise and I cant ever see myself using anything else other than ESET.

EDIT: Do I need to uninstall my current NOD32 before running the Smart Security Beta?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  18. bradyfan123

bradyfan123 Registered Member

I'm curious as well..any estimated date?

19. Stormboy

Stormboy Registered Member

With NOD 32 you get a signature type note in Thunderbird that the email has been checked.

I did not get this with either Beta's.
    Is it missing something or am I blind :rolleyes:

20. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

by default its turned off - check in advanced settings - you'll find it

Ruben

21. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Go to Advance setup -> Email Protection -> Alerts and notifications -> Append tag messages to received and read email , change it from "To infected email only" to "To all email".

One minor problem - I am using NOD32 V3.0 Beta but the tag shows as Eset Smart Security.

22. Chokes

Chokes Registered Member

Great App!!! but it should be in interactive mode by default for the firewall.... or a choice at the setup:)

23. Stormboy

Stormboy Registered Member

:thumb:
    Thanks All

24. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There is a choice at start-up (unless you choose Typical install) . Automatic mode is ok for most people . Interactive is ok for less people and that's why those less people do know of not typical install and Advanced Setup tree and can change to their preferance :thumb:

25. PatG

PatG Registered Member

What do I need to do to have only 1 tag...instead of two?

EDIT: Just an idea: Could it tag outbound and then again on a machine that is also running ESS when it arrives? Anyone?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.