ESS Detects IObit update.exe files as threat

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Warren Clyde, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Clyde

Warren Clyde Registered Member

G'day all.

I've recently upgraded to windows 7 and i decided to run a scan with ESET smart security 4.0

It detected IObit's antispyware product iObit Security 360's updater.exe file. Same goes for Advanced System Care from iobit. i've been using them along side each other with ESS for months and they've never done this.

Here's a screenshot of ESS scan result - http://i37.tinypic.com/2zzspyq.jpg

I've talked to the staff over at Iobit forum, they think it's ESS giving me false reading and i also agree it is. Maybe you's want to look into this?

My products of iobit security 360 and advanced system care were downloaded from there site. So i cant have any "fake" copy's of them.

I don't know what else to think, can you get back too me thanks.

Also heres a VirusTotal scan of both iobit updater.exe files.

Advanced System Care results: {Link to VT result removed per forum policy - Mod note: It was 0/41 detections}

IObit Security 360 results: {Link to VT result removed per forum policy - Mod note: It was 0/41 detections}

Cheers.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
    120gb HDD and 1gb RAM
    Recently upgraded from Vista to 7.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  2. Warren Clyde

Update: Completely uninstalled both iobit programs, reinstalled - updated from iobit security 360 from v1.0.1 to v1.2.0 and still ESS detects exact same files as virus. just the update.exe
    Also sorry about the VT links didn't know about the policy and all, i now know not to use them without staff here asking for it. i only gave you them because iobit staff asked for it so i thought you's would have asked too =\ glad i'm not unfairly banned without some warnings or simple notices unlike some other forums ran by a bunch of kids and there childish ban hammer. geeze :p

3. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

Send the files in question to ESET and tell them you think it's a false positive. Follow these instructions.

4. danieln

danieln Eset Staff

Really zero detection at virustotal? Are you sure you have the latest version of the virus db?

5. Warren Clyde

Ok thanks for that info, I've sent an email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.