ESS commercial version

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by crotale26, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crotale26

crotale26 Registered Member

Hi i would like to know when the commercial version of ESS ( after the RC1 ) will be available ?

thanks a lot

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

this is not public knowledge outside of Eset. This announcement is highly anticipated by a LOT of people - all we can say is that your patience is appreciated.

3. crotale26

maybe

but, i notice that my license of ESS RC1 is valid until 01 / 11 / 2007.

4. crotale26

maybe

but, i notice that my license of ESS RC1 is valid until 01 / 11 / 2007.

Will the outside of Eset be realised before the 01 / 11 / 2007 ?
    Will the validity of the RC1 of ESS extended to the real date of outside of ESS commercial version, with an update for example ?

I object to staying without web protection.

I'm am waiting for yours answers and solutions

Regards

PS : my actual web protection is valid until the 21 / 10 / 2007. i have uninstalled it to test Eset Smart Security. I have planed to buy Eset Smart Security, when the commercial version would be available......

5. webyourbusiness

hmmm... coincidence? - or perhaps a new RC will be available between now and then with a longer expiration date.... we'll have to wait and see....

6. crotale26

i don't understand, can you explain ....

Thanks

7. webyourbusiness

there are several possibilities...

1. the expiration date for the current RC username/password can be extended
    2. a new RC with a differerent username/password/expiration could be released.
    3. the current RC expiration date is significant and a new version is expected before then

( and I expect that there are other possibilities which I have not outlined here )

You also have to bear in mind that even the dates we have been given as resellers can change up until the last minute. We have no guarantees that dates will hold until the ACTUAL release happens.

We have a good idea when things are SUPPOSED to happen, and the reseller channel is working on the most recent information released to us - however, I have seen these things come and go before - and software release dates are OFTEN pushed back at the last minute.

If the release date is extended past when we have been told it will happen, then I fully expect that another RC would appear. At the moment, I am unsure if another RC is coming out - I certainly do no rule it out!

The thing you have to understand is that those resellers who were given pre-launch information are legally bound to NOT let this information out before the official release date - paperwork was signed and there would be serious implications for leaking this information - it's basically NOT OUR INFORMATION to give out to the public!

8. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

You didn't pay for this in the first place, just wait and ESET will either release RC2 or the final, then you'll know a price, if you don't want to pay that price then don't buy the product. Simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.