ESS can not clean Parite virus :(

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by MaviATES, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaviATES

MaviATES Registered Member

I use ESET Smart Security v3.0.290.0 for 32 bit. Last day my friends computer infected Parite.b virus.For delete it, i install ESET Smart Security v3.0.290.0 for 32 bit. When i scan his computer Eset show that it find this virus and delete it but when i restart computer i see that eset can not clean it :( I scan computer 4 times but eset can not clean. For that reason i uninstall eset and install Kaspersky v7.0 :( and scan computer. Kaspersky clean all virus then i reinstall eset and scan computer it says computer clean :D

Why Eset can not clean it :blink:

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I just experienced this same exact virus that is a file infector on exe's/scr's but my NOD32 cleaned the virus from each and every file since it only added some letters at the end of the valid file.

Are you sure you UpDated the virus database? Mine was Variant b, but i read where variant C is a bit more tricky.

3. MaviATES

MaviATES Registered Member

i have internet connection and i updated newest virus database. i like nod32 but it can not clean it :(

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive that NOD32 v2 can clean it but ESS cannot? Both should use the same engine so if one can clean a virus the other does too and vice-versa.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

NOD32 cleaned it, partially :( Apparantly this little nasty bugger fudges some apps even after a "clean". Still, enough of them "cleaned up" whereby i could recover with my FD-ISR archives.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please send the infected file that ESS cannot clean in an archive protected with the password "infected" to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.