ESS Beta 2 - Two suggestions, 1 bug and three questions about the Beta

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by raven211, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

1. THE FIRST ADDITION: Make a "To background" button in the main-scan window. I can't see a reason why it should only reside when you take it to a new window. There's the perfect same space just there.
    2. SECOND: Making "Separate window"-option available in the main-scan window - also only to make it more comfortable and make sense. The space is also too tight now between what is being scanned and "Bring to foreground"-option for example. Giving it some space makes it look better too. ** See my illustration. **
    3. THE BUG: Scroll log is *always* unchecked.
    4. THE FIRST QUESTION: Is Windows FireWall supposed to be "on"? It's being controlled by a Group Policy. Why isn't it ESS FW alone? Now it reports "One or more [...]" in Security Center - not "Eset Smart Security FireWall [...]".
    5. THE SECOND: Was the "i" looking the same in Beta 1? It appears for example when you've updated (or the program by itself, obviously). In that tight space, it just looks quite weird. Why isn't it a normal "i" as illustrated in one of my previous posts.
    6. THE THIRD: Why does the update option only say "virus signature"? We get to change options for program updating, so logically it should reside there too - either separately or together as a one-check-process.

Regards, Raven

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

you talking about xp, right??

Here wsc says - eset firewall aktivated - windows firewall is off

Ruben

3. raven211

Yes, weird.. Cause according to your Signature atleast, you're running XP too...

I dunno what could be wrong with this setup, but now it's running with a Group Policy as described in the question.
    I'd OneCare before, uninstalled it, cleaned registry entries with CCleaner (MANY were left, but I got rid of some, and the FW seemed to only be enabled - like it obviously should be after uninstalling security software.), but I've had very bad uninstall experience with OneCare before - as with Symantec products. Both have CleanUp tools - none of them work. Shouldn't be needed, forces me to reformat.

ANYHOW, that leaves all content of my first message to remain I guess.

4. raven211

Mods., just to make you notice since it's getting down on the list of topics - only to make sure you haven't missed it.

I need a response to the content written in my first post of this topic.

Thx! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.