ESS Beta 2: Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mhonzell, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhonzell

mhonzell Registered Member

Platform: Vista Ultimate x64
    Component: Anti-Virus
    ESS Beta 2

I purchased a program today from MS Digital Locker via Macromedia. It is downloaded as shareware and then registered with an e-mailed serial number. It's a cheap game my wife likes to play. She's played everyone in this series without ill effect or triggering McAfee's anti-virus/malware detection. (Don't know if that's good or bad.)

ESS Anti-Virus keeps deleting the download before it converted the temporary file to an .exe file. Okay, so I can turn off anti-virus to do the download, but to keep the file on my hard drive, I would have to continue to keep anti-virus turned off.

I can live with the first part... put the file somewhere else.
    When I try to restore the file, the anti-virus immediately detects it and deletes it. Jeez... I said restore, but it won't ignore it once restored. Okay, turn off auto-action and require manual action.

Now, it tells me every 15 seconds I've got adware on my computer and it won't let me copy it to a flash drive.

So, turn it off again. Perform the action, then turn it back on. With the program registered, the adware string must still be present because... you guessed it... the anti-virus keeps flagging it for deletion.

How do I tell the anti-virus to ignore this file so that I can use it without reminders every 15 seconds?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If it's actually adware that keeps being quarantined by EAV, temporarily disable web protection and permanently disable Adware in the real-time file system protection as well as in the on-demand scanner setup.

3. mhonzell

mhonzell Registered Member

The idea is to keep it on for those things not wanted.
    Once you elect to Restore a file from Quarantine, why would it not ignore that file?

Or, can one select the file to be ignored in configuration setup?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  4. lun3rst4r15

lun3rst4r15 Registered Member

If nod detects a virus and quarantines it... and i restore it ...will a full rescan detect or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.