ESS Beta 1a STILL won't install on Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by mmac, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmac

mmac Registered Member

Ok, I didn't know if I should start a new thread or not, but figured new release, new thread. That way, it isn't needed to sift through all of the posts. I will however include the link for reference:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=173189&highlight=ESS install vista

I'm getting the exact same problem as last time:

I just want to test :'(

Anywhoo, I'm firing off another email to ESET support with the logfile. Well as soon as gmail stops jerking me around

2. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I had the same problem, then I found a solution that worked for me. It includes no trickery to do whatsoever.

1. Download the file.
    2. Right click on the file, and then click Properties.
    3. In the main page of the properties tab, go all the way down to the bottom and click the Unblock button, then "Apply" and "Ok"
    4. Right click the installation file and Run as Administrator. Viola!

I've tried this on two computers running Vista Ultimate, and it has worked both times.

3. Anhydrous

Anhydrous Registered Member

Try downloading "YOUR UNINSTALLER 2006" trial(removes 2 apps free),Delete ESET folder in Program Files,reinstall after reboot.I installed ESS on Vista Ultimate 32bit without any issues whatsoever.Although,I am having issues getting a port forwarded in Utorrent,hoping the firewall issue(s) get resolved soon.

Hope you get it up and running right soon !! ;)

4. mmac

mmac Registered Member

Yeah, tried restarting before installing. Also clicked unblock button and tried your uninstaller. Nothing has seemed to work.

I also uninstalled a whole bunch of programs that are not essential to my daily computer use.

What next?

5. mmac

mmac Registered Member

Hmmm, well I am thoroughly confused now. So, NOD32 installs fine, as does Kaspersky Anti-virus. However, when I try to install Kaspersky internet security (both the beta, and version 6), it craps out at the same time as ESS.

I'm going to try to download some other integrated "security solutions" to see if there is any further correlation in not being able to install.

Other than that I am so confused. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the ESS installer, as I haven't seen any real problems for anyone else since 1a...

The problem seems to be even worse... my computer :'(

Any ideas anyone o_O

6. slipperyfox

slipperyfox Registered Member

I am trying to install on Vista Ultimate X64 and am having the same problem. It gets to Compiling Data then goes to Installing Drivers then goes to Roll Back and get the message Eset Smart Security Setup Wizard ended prematurely.
    I have done step 1 & 2 and tried 3 and cant find Unblock Button and when i right click on the file i cant see Run as Admin either.

7. slipperyfox

slipperyfox Registered Member

I have tried to install as listed below. I am able to steps 1 & 2 and when i get to step 3 i am unable to see anywhere where it says Unblock. And when i goto step 4 i dont see Run as Admin either when i right click. I am running Vista Ultimate X64. I get to Installing Drivers then it goes to Roll back and get a message Eset finished prematurely. I have sent a copy of the install log to support@eset.com. Can anyone shed some light.

8. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I did not think that there was an x64 version available yet.

9. billybob666

billybob666 Registered Member

Does not work on 64bit for sure.

10. SirShagg

SirShagg Registered Member

Installed normally on Ultimate x32 for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.