ESS and Spydoctor conflict

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TYT, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TYT

TYT Registered Member

My operating system is Window Home with XP 3 , and NOD32 Security installed on my computer.

I was introduced to use SpyDoctor to act as a tool for removing spyware , adv ware etc. Initally, i have no problem when I use Intel scan on Spydoctor with NOD32, and it give me a good impression that SpyDoctor did a great job.

However, when I did the complete scan on Spydoctor . and it seems that Spydoctor was not work pair with NOD 32. NOD 32 detected some files in Spydoctor as torjan. I trusted Spydoctor and release those files on my NOD 32.

After finished the complete scan, Some files have changed to “hidden file" which were not hidden before. Now, I am having a problem that the "hidden files" which I can use the function in XP to "show hidden files and folder" is not working anymore. Meaning, I can not open hidden files anymore.

I was told that I might need to amend registry data in order to make it function.

I am writing to you and ask for advise on how can I open the hidden files and folder , and please also tell me if Spydoctor work with NOD 32.

Thank U

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Are you referring to Symantec's (formerly PC Tools) Spyware Doctor, or another program actually named SpyDoctor?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. TYT

TYT Registered Member

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What files exactly ? Could you write them to help agoretsky help you.

5. TYT

TYT Registered Member

i do not have those files on my NOD, please tell me how to open the hidden files. thanks

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you tell me exactly what ESET Smart Security detected during the scan? You should be able to view the Log Files section in the user interface and copy the contents of the Detected Threats section of the log into your reply.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.