ESS and internet gaming experience

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Nunes, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Hi

I'm an old user of NOD. I used it for several years and because there was no suite I tried temporarly other solutions. Now that we have ESS with RC1 I decided to buy a new licence and come back.
    I'm globally satisfied with my first days of use but I've been facing some slowdowns when gaming online.
    Anyone has the experience to share about the better setup to get a good online gaming experience?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Open the Advanced Setup tree:

In the Exclusions list make sure that the directories where the games are installed are excluded . You should add the folders , then edit them so that the look like this example:

C:\Program files\Games\Game1\*

Web access protection -> HTTP -> Web browsers
    Make sure that the game is not selected as a web-browser so that its web traffic is not scanned (the exe must be marked X)

If this doesn't help , please uninstall Eset Smart Security and download/install Eset Antivirus v3 RC1 from www.eset.eu/download/beta (use it along with Windows Firewall , for example) - this is just to test how are your games going with EA , not ESS . :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.