ESS 6.x install failure

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Togsteam, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togsteam

Togsteam Registered Member

I've got three Win 7 boxes with ESS 5.x licenses that I just renewed, and in each case the install of 6.x failed and now ESS is either totally gone, or it runs but can't enable antivirus or antispyware protection.

In the first two cases, I simply downloaded 6.x from the link in the confirmation email and attempted to install it - without uninstalling the previous 5.x version. (Since I've never had to do so before, I missed the fine print - although there wasn't any in the confirmation email.)

In the third case, I used the 5.x update function and selected the upgrade link.

I put in two call tickets, but would rather not shut down three vital systems for a full business day while I wait to hear from Support. Any suggestions from the group wisdom?

Thanks!

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Manually uninstall the troublesome versions and then reinstall v6 on each from our Download page. Hopefully, by the time Customer Care calls or emails back, you'll already be up and running again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.