ESS 6 final

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bwb1, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

I had to uninstall ESS5 from both my computers two months ago due to the constant trouble they caused.
    Tower- W8x64 Pro/WSA/Spyware Blaster/SAS running/Firefox 17.1
    Lap- W8x32 Pro upgrade from W7/WSA/SB/SAS running/Firefox 17.1.

The problems I experienced only went away when ESS was removed and both computers have worked flawlessly since. There has been much air on these forums about these problems with nothing coming from ESet on whether they are attending to them- one assumes the crashing silence means they are not working on them, which does nothing for the many people experiencing them as evidenced here and on other forums.
    SO will ESS 6 remedy the following yes or no;
    1) the flickering Action Centre icon matter
    2) After installation and one reboot, the GUI is inaccessible ANYWHERE and other associated matters arising from thato_O?

2. encus

encus Registered Member

I certainly hope ESS 6 will work like a charm.

3. bwb1

bwb1 Registered Member

Well despite an utter and total lack of comment or help here on the 'official forum', I have today received an answer from ESet UK in reply to my support case questioning if ESS 6 will address both the GUI matters and the flickering Action Centre message.
    I don’t have a change log for the forthcoming release build of ESET v6, the v6 software has already been released in some countries and will be released for the rest of the world quite soon.

The build version of the current RC version is 6.0.115 and the build to be released will be around the v6.0.306 mark as this is the version which is available to the select countries.

I believe that the majority of the issues you raised are corrected in the build to be released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.