ESS 6.0 and Windows updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bobparm, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobparm

Bobparm Registered Member

Hi all,

Running W7 on an SSD.

Every time I have an update that requires a restart my computer hangs on "Preparing to configure Windows".

Have allowed some time, up to 45 minutes, for it to 'configure' but in the end have had to restart in safe mode and use system restore.

After experimenting with shutting different programs down it appears the culprit is ESS 6, have tried disabling some parts of SS6 but they restart on reboot so have resorted to uninstalling, install updates reinstall SS6.

Strangely this doesn't happen on W8 which is a dual boot on a separate drive.

Any help/suggestions gratefully received before I lose what hair I have left :)

Cheers Bob ;).

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. Bobparm

Bobparm Registered Member

Hi er34,

Thanks for response, how to turn off modules ?

They seem to restart on a reboot o_O which is why I have to uninstall.

Any thoughts on why it works on W8 with the same settings ?

Cheers Bob ;).

4. er34

er34 Guest

You are welcome!

One by one , followed by OK, reboot and test. In the Advanced Setup Tree (F5) in each section. Have a look at the pictures here (just the pictures)
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1361868031182
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2811&viewlocale=en_US

Most probably it is the program and how it interferes with the OS. But no, I have no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.