ESS 6.0.308.0 freeze

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ElQuia, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

Hi. PC: Windows 7 SP1 X64, 2 one TB HDDs in RAID 0, 7 GB DDR2 800, Athlon 2 x6000.
    Original AV was avast free, started trial of ESS 5.2.9.1 a couple of weeks ago, works like a charme. Using interacitve creation of rules for firewall HIPS enabled, etc

Saw 6 had come out. Did an acronis full disk backup, copied exlusions mannually to notepad (Nirsoft is detected as malware for example) uninstalled 5.2.9.1, rebooted, did a clean install of 6.0.308, started working, first minutes allowing or not internet connections for programs. Added exclusions rules one by one. Went on working half an hour. Everything OK, did a custom scan of one hdd partition and a usb drive to try out, everything ok.

Rebooted.

Everything normal UNTIL I OPENED COMPUTER SCAN MODULE or TAB again to try out a full system scan.

When I open Computer Scan tab ESS FREEZES COMPLETELY. will not receive clics, can not move window, can NOT kill it with task manager, it just sits there DEAD. Rest of system works OK, can open other windows, etc.
    So after googling some, I uninstalled ESS, Cleaned up registry, rebooted, installed Hot Fix Windows6.1-KB2789397-v2-x64.msu, Installaed again ESS:
    SAME RESULT: ESS Freeze when opening computer scan tab.

Eset Smart Seurity does NOT freeze on other tabs or on (F5) advances settings. It just freezes in COmputer Scan Tab o Module. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/images/smilies/thumbsdown.gif

I NEVER had problems with ESS 5.2.9.1

¿ideas? (please don´t tell me to go back to avast)

2. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

Any Bodyo_O please?

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Have you opened up a support ticket with Eset?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

How do I open a support ticket?
    Can a trial user do that?

I have uninstalled ESS6 until I either get an answer, bug gets fixed or I decide to try out other AV. I restored full backup and I have about 14 or something days left of my ESS 5 trial... after that its buy ESS6 if bug is fixed or go for another AV...

6. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

Cant check event logs as I went back on full disk image.
    I WAS using default settings, only deviation, some disk exclusions. and had firewall in interactive mode. Worked ok until first reboot. Then "puff", "Computer Scan" module freeze.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure Windows to generate kernel or complete memory dumps as per the instructions here, reproduce the freeze and after a few seconds generate a memory dump (BSOD). When done, compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

8. ElQuia

ElQuia Registered Member

Will do maybe on weekend when I have time to do a full system backup and a clean ESS install.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.