ESS 4 installed on a system using W7 x64 bitdefender

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Templar, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Templar

Templar Registered Member

Hello

Any one here installed ESS 4 on a x64 Windows 7 system using bitlocker, not bit defender LOL as in topic :)

I'm having issues installing, Marcos has been kind enough to assist me, but I'm interested to know if any one has a similar setup as I.

Running on a HP 8530w Notebook.

Thank you
    Simon

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Templar,

Are you receiving any kind of error?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Templar

Hello Rmuffler.

Thanks for the reply..

I had to start wide as ESS 4 wouldn't install on my Hp 8530w notebook. It would always stop with an error and revert back.

After long troubleshooting I found out that it was because I had Virtual PC and Sun's Virtualbox installed, ESS couldn't install it's Firewall Service on the Network Adapter Properties because Windows 7 x64 had reached it's limit. Uninstallin VirtualPC's bridged adapter Service solved it and I was able to install ESS 4.

However on every single of my comps using Win7 x64 the https scanner destroys the web speed.

How well am I protected without it. I would assume that File System transfer layer is still covering the comp well enough even if the front head HTTP scanner is disabled?

I've followed a solution article about browsing speed but in the x64 version of ESS4 that article is refering to settings which don't excist in the x64 version obviously.

Simon

4. Templar

Just tried build 4.474 on my hp 8530w and GFs hp 2710p and it's the same :(
    Disabling http scanner brings the speed back up.

Guess File System protection layer will have to do for now.

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.