ESS 4 Install and Endless Reboots

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by EasternOkie, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EasternOkie

EasternOkie Registered Member

I removed ESS Version 3 with the Uninstall and then deleted all folders under the Program Files, Documents and Setting, All users and under my folder and then rebooted. I then installed ESS 4 without any problems, it updates and seems to be fine, but when I reboot my system it fails to boot. It gets in a reboot loop. I have to pick last known good setup... to get it to boot. Then ESS 4's Startup Windows stays open and it does not run. After about 10 minutes I get a communication error with the kernal and it shuts down. It has been two days and no help from Eset. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. EasternOkie

For any users with ESS or EAV with system reboot problems, try un-checking the self-defense box under Antivirus and antispyware section. This allowed me to get through the booting process. Still do not know why this is causing the problem or what the fix is.

Thanks to Eset USA support. They helped me isolate that it was a setting. It took some trial and error to finally isolate. I have sent an email alerting them of the actual problem. Hope it gets fixed soon.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello EasternOkie,

Thank you for the update on this.

Richard

4. EasternOkie

The self-defense module is still not fixed in the new version 4.0.417.0.. When activated it still causes the boot up failure.

"Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area
    Stop:0x00000050(0XFFFFFFE8,0X00000001,0X805266AA,0X00000000)"
    :mad:

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.