ESS 4 and Adaptec Controller RAID0 issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Neil_p, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil_p

Neil_p Registered Member

Hi to all, I have this strange issue with the ESS version 4:
    With 3.0 everything works fine, and the performances are great.
    With 4.0, tried all trial builds that i could find on the net, installs fine, but at the boot the Adaptec Storage Manager Agent service fails (the error is "ServiceHang" and then a "Appcrash"), the real time protection takes almost a minute to load (with 3.0 in 0 time) and performances are hurted very badly.

I am using an Adaptec 5405 with latest firmware and drivers builds from adaptec website running a RAID0, on a Rampage Formula (intel X48 ) with latest firmware from asus, on Windows Vista Business x64 Sp1.

I am sure it is a software compatibility issue of some sort between the new ESS and my adaptec controller.

With 3.0 it works flawlessly. I was looking for a good AV/FW solution and I like the ESS, and I am very interested in the features of version 4...
    Hope this post is useful to Eset.
    Bye,
    Neil

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried excluding the Adaptec Storage Manager Agent service from being scanned? If so, did that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Neil_p

Neil_p Registered Member

Yes, I've tried and it didn't change anything.
    It seems to me that it may be the Adaptec driver not liking the Eset software.
    I will send them an email to see if they know anything about it.
    Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.