ESS 4.0 firewall not starting up: win7 32 home

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GRAC, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAC

GRAC Registered Member

Anyone else experiences this problem? Reinstalling did not solve the problem. Is it a known issue I missed?

Any help is highly appreciated.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what version are you installing/using? any error messages?

3. GRAC

GRAC Registered Member

Not on site atm. Latest available download from eset.com last friday the 11th. Would like to have more data before going onsite and charging a private customer for a problem they have no hand in creating. Clean win7 install, eset install, reboot, only firewall module doesn't start up. No error messages, just windows security center seeing that something is wrong, then when I check the firewall module status in eset console itself, it states it is not started. Boot time does seem a bit slower when eset is installed, but before even the logon screen is shown. I do not know at what point in the boot process eset tries to load itself. It does seem that takes some time extra though. But that can be perception.

Did eset get around to creating a proper removal tool yet? If its not a known issue then that might help?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

5. GRAC

GRAC Registered Member

There is no old av installed on the system, it was a clean install. That's why I am confused. Firewall should load without problems.

Lemme take a look at that guide you posted......

edit: yeah, that's the standard way I tried the first time around. Oh boy... this is going to be "fun" :(

6. GRAC

GRAC Registered Member

No-one... anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.