ESS 4.0.417.0 Network Connection Window problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by evilharp, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilharp

evilharp Registered Member

*****Fixed - needed to do a clean uninstall. See Post #5************

Hi,

I just upgraded my ESS 3.0 to 4.0.417.0 (I am running Vista Ult 64 bit) and I have hit a frustrating snag:

The "Network connections" connections window (in the main ESS window and a separate window) is blank. No processes are shown as connected to the INTERNET however the Network Activity graph shows activity. Despite several reboots, this continues to occur. The web access stats also show that HTTP, etc.. is being scanned.

In Version 3.0 I saw every application that was making a Network connection (including local)

Is this a known bugo_O

Edit: this is in the wrong thread (sorry) I had an e-mail AV problem as well that I was able to clear. Admins, please move this to the ESS section.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Are you using SP1? Does it persist after a reboot?

3. evilharp

Yes, Vista x64 SP1

Problem persists after numerous reboot attempts. I may try a reinstall to see if it resolves the problem.

The e-mail problem I had appears to be related to Google. For some reason, it is up and down (for me at least) today. Currently, I can't ping Google, G-Mail, CNN, BBC or Microsoft at all (Confickter?).

ESET, HardOCP, Anandtech, CBC, Symantec, Yahoo, etc... are all good. o_O Anyone else finding this?

4. evilharp

Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled ESS 4.0.417.0. Still no Network Connections shown in the main window.

I can see connections if I click on "Open in a new window". The child window shows connections, but not the main window o_O

I'm wondering if I have some registry settings left over from ESS 3.0. I'll see if I can find a kb on the ESET site for a a full clean uninstall.

5. evilharp

FIXED :)

I uninstalled ESS 4 again, and followed the suggested procedure in ESET KB Solutions ID: SOLN2116.

Due to corrupted installations or newer full program releases, reinstalling your ESET security product is sometimes necessary. To reinstall, follow the steps below.

Click Start ? Programs ? ESET ? Uninstall. After you uninstall, you will need to reboot the computer.

After rebooting, click Start ? My Computer. Navigate to and delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\ESET

Vista Users must delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Program Data\ESET

In addition I deleted all ESET registry keys and all Users\~~~\Appdata\Roaming\ESET folders. This seems to have reset every setting for ESS and now everything works.

Still having trouble with Google, G-Mail, CNN, BBC and Microsoft. Hmmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.