esets_daemon using a lot of CPU resources

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JustinTD, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinTD

JustinTD Registered Member

Mac OS X 10.7.1, ESET NOD 32 4.0.72.1, MacBook Pro, late 2007 model, Core2Duo 2.2ghz 4GB RAM, 320GB HD

no matter what task I do, esets_daemon ramps up the CPU for a good 30 seconds to 1-2 minutes then slows down, intermittently ramping it back up ..

This is happening on a fresh install of OSX 10.7 and a brand new download from ESET; had this problem previously too, was hoping clearing the system would help. Ideas?

2. gusrad

gusrad Registered Member

I have the same problem.

Suddenly - over the last couple of weeks my Mac Air started becoming slower...?

I have tracked it down to esets_daemon using a lot of CPU whenever a new application launches. This also happens intermittently every now and again.

Using 4.0.72.1 (Eset Cybersecurity for Mac) and
    OSX 10.6.8 (32 bit) Darwin 10.8.0

Please help!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  3. JustinTD

any help?

4. JustinTD

Seriously?

5. hemingway60

hemingway60 Registered Member

Try to PM an ESET moderator or contact ESET's support. I don't use Mac OS X so can't help you, sorry.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Tomorrow we're plannning to release an update that will optimize scanning of Mach-O files on Mac. Please let us know if it resolves your issue then. Should the problem persist, make sure to open a support ticket so that customer care representatives can assist you further.

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have already sent a PM to an ESET Mod regarding the general Mac user Support.
    But it seems that they don't really care that much about it wich is really irritating to see to be honest :cautious:

I guess the best way for the Mac users to get support, would be to open a support ticket instead of posting about their issues at Wilders.

Edit: there we go a Mod finally said something to the Mac userbase :) :thumb: Though they need to reply more often.

8. mjboon

mjboon Registered Member

Didn't see any announcement on this "update release"? Any new date planned for the update release?

Cheers.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It was released yesterday.

10. mjboon

mjboon Registered Member

Sorry, thought it's a new version 4.0.72.2

Thought of download the new version once is release, because I have removed ESET Cybersecurity from my Mac OSX.

So, I should install the 4.0.72.1 and run the update instead.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.