eset warning failure during the package install - exit code 1603

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by cyat2, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyat2

    cyat2 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2013
    Posts:
    2
    Location:
    Planet Earth
    So I've been fighting for sometime to get this working before posting. I've got two different machines I'm pushing installs to, a Windows 7 64bit and a Windows XP 32bit. First I had a few issues with them connecting at all, admin shares not being open etc. Once I've got everything worked I'm almost able to Push an install it goes thru all the hoops:
    1. ESET Installer service successfully started
    2. ESET Install is creating a temporary file ( note I went to the temp directory and saw the file populate)
    3. ESET Installer is downloading an installation package 'win64' from server 'Avsdb0x:2224'
    4. Warning Failure during the package install - exit code: 1603, description: Fatal error during installation.

    This is occurring on both machines, mind you I'm using the proper installs for both i.e 64bit / 32bit etc for their respective systems.

    Now I've read almost every post on this Forum about these errors as well as the KB articles that ESET has for pushing installs, but am afraid I've hit a brick wall. I ran a diagnostic on the Windows 7 Machine and this is what is displayed.

    UserName
    Diagnostics user context: admin

    Installation result:
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Setting IPC$ Connection: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Diagnostics conclusion: Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

    elp!o_O o_O
     
  2. foneil

    foneil Eset Staff Account

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2010
    Posts:
    255
    Location:
    San Diego
    I know that you said you referenced ESET Knowledgebase articles before posting, but can you list which ones so we can see what you've tried already. Also, once a resolution is found, we'll want to make sure the content is correct and easy to find for others that may experience this issue.

    The primary Knowledgebase content we have for that specific error is SOLN166 (the first error listed), although we recognize that it is describing the issue in broad terms:
    Thanks
     
  3. Marcos

    Marcos Eset Staff Account

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2002
    Posts:
    14,374
    Are you able to install the product locally or local installation is ending with an error, too?
     
  4. kn2

    kn2 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2013
    Posts:
    2
    Location:
    Deutschland
    Hi,

    I had this problem, too. The issue was, that i deinstalled Norton Internet Security using the system panel and this did NOT deinstall every component of NIS.

    I encoutered the solution after trying to install Endpoint Security locally and then I got the message, that there are still elements from NIS active (using the check for unwanted software).

    I then used the Norton Deinstaller (symnrt) do clean the system and was able to install Endpoint Security via Remote Admin without a problem.

    Achim
     
  5. cyat2

    cyat2 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2013
    Posts:
    2
    Location:
    Planet Earth
    Hi All,
    Sorry for the delay in response or any update on the matter. After getting back to it this week, I succeeded in my attempt to push install to Windows XP and Windows 7.

    The issue was previous installations of BitDefender. The way I found this out, that ESET wouldn’t push the install, was I tried to do a local install, once I ran this, sure enough Bitdefender popped up as a previously installed Security system. Keep in mind I had uninstalled the software (rebooted) ran ESET's Competitor removal tool (rebooted) and CCcleaner (rebooted). None of these did the trick, I had to manually search thru the registry and delete BitDefender from there. Once I did this, I restarted and Viola my installs pushed thru :ninja:

    Registry Edits I found/removed (this was on both Windows XP and Windows 7, on Windows XP I only found a few):

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\epag\LocalService

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bitdefender

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop

    \HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-903244285-3246379212-2701926638-1000\Software\Bitdefender

    I hope this helps to whomever else has this issue!! And thanks everyone for your responses :D
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.