ESET VS Competition Benchmark

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by divinehan, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divinehan

divinehan Registered Member

I can't see any other place for this topic so I decided to post here since I'm a normal home user.

The graph at http://www.eset.com/business/whyeset/compare/
    is old. It's 2010 and 2011.

Everytime when I encourage my friends or clients to use ESET, I'll show them the benchmark. Now they're asking me, why don't they update? Are they losing in competition?

There are few key reasons why I choose ESET: performance, low resource, no annoying pop-up (gamer mode) and these might change from year to year.

I think it's good to update the website with latest data vs competitors. Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Frankly, I don't know why there are references to 2-3 old year tests as ESET has always performed well. Using current results would be more suitable as the product has been optimized for even better performance since then. I'll try to find out.

3. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi there divinehan

I get your point, and of course Eset has to update their charts,... and they do miss especially one Av vendor, which have almost no effect regarding performance, on your system. But security is so much more, as you know, than just boot time, cpu, and disk I/O performance. A great product have to have an acceptable balance between the level of security that a product can offer and how much it will affect/drag a system, in my perspective.

Have a nice day, regards Janus

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.