ESET version 10.1.219.0 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FanJ, Jul 24, 2017.

1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

ESET Windows home products versions 10.1.219 have been released.

Announcement by Marcos:
    https://forum.eset.com/topic/12591-eset-windows-home-products-versions-101219-have-been-released/

I just got it offered for my NOD32 10.1.210.0 (Win7 64-bit). (I don't have pre-release enabled)
    I let the internal updater do its job; reboot required. Update went smooth.
    The pause protection option is indeed back in the tray icon menu.
    The update progress indicator works now indeed better.
    No issues to report at this moment (but I just have it).

PS: I don't see it mentioned at https://www.eset.com/int/home/antivirus/download/

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Could someone please let us know what those changes are?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I posted a changelog within the announcement in our forum. Basically what changed are improvements in support for software for visually impaired persons and a bunch of internal fixes and improvements (e.g. the pause protection option in the tray icon menu).

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hello Marcos,
    Thanks.

But could you tell what those improvements in support for software for visually impaired persons are?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Support for NVDA and JAWS was improved. Not sure if you really want to go into details but here are some of the improvements:
    • Product will show user interface elements that were activated thru keyboard
    • All active product elements are now accessible and being highlighted when activated (e.g., when TAB key used on Home screen it work as expected)
    • Description label for non-text elements were added, e.g., help icon (circle with question mark is being read as ?help? by reader)
    • Adds virtual lists reading capability

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks Marcos, that is a lot more info for those of us who are visually impaired ! Thank you !

7. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I did the update to 219 on two of my systems, and I am pleased to say normal operation continues.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  8. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Official ESET Knowledgebase Support News Announcement: ESET Windows home products versions 10.1.219 have been released

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thank you, Kent !

=====

I see this in the changelog:
    "Improved: Ability of in-product upgrade to install cross-line products to support Smart Security to Internet Security migration"
    Does someone know whether that would also go for NOD32 to Internet Security migration?

10. puff-m-d

Hello Jan,

You are most welcome ;) ...

Sorry as I cannot give you a definitive answer to your question. All I know is that when ESET Internet Security was first released, ESET Smart Security was no longer available for purchase. You can, however, renew you existing subscription to Smart Security (just no new purchases offered). This has always made me think that ESET's ultimate goal is to discontinue Smart Security. If this is the case, Internet Security is considered the replacement for Smart Security. Perhaps this "Improved: Ability of in-product upgrade to install cross-line products to support Smart Security to Internet Security migration" is to help facilitate this move from Smart Security to Internet Security. It may also help with the migration from other versions but I do not know the definitive answer to that so keep in mind that my limited answer here is speculation on my part.
    I hope this may help a little...

11. boredog

boredog Registered Member

12. puff-m-d

Hello @boredog,

Yes, ESET Smart Security is still downloadable. Lots of people still have a valid license for Smart Security and you can also renew your license. Go to the purchase page and you will see Smart Security is not available for new purchases.
    HTH ;) ...

Edited to add: As far as I can tell, the only place you will find Smart Security on the ESET website is on the download page.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  13. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I see from your link Smart Security Premium for 80 bucks per year which is something I would never pay that much for.

14. puff-m-d

Hello @boredog,

Yes but ESET Smart Security Premium is not the same product as ESET Smart Security. ESET moved the Anti-Theft to the Premium version and added Password Manager and Secure Data. ESET Internet Security is the same as ESET Smart Security minus the Anti-Theft. See: Compare ESET's products for Windows devices

15. itman

itman Registered Member

I just checked Newegg and 1 PC - Internet Security is $60. Appears lately Eset has been "holding the line" on price reductions. A while back you could find it at Newegg for $20 w/Newegg insider code price reduction.

Just found 3pc - 1 yr - Internet Security for $40 on Amazon. Believe that is 2016 ver.. You just download latest 2017 ver. once you activated your Eset license. Uninstall 2016 and install 2017.

Eset prices do fluctuate based on price wars with other AV vendors.

16. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

17. itman

itman Registered Member

18. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks my dear friend!
    In someway I was thinking too along those lines. Although I still don't fully understand why upgrading from NOD32 to Internet Security couldn't be a simple install over the top.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.