ESET v6 Alert notifications on Win 8

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by edwardmax2010, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwardmax2010

edwardmax2010 Registered Member

I've noticed that Eset 6 use the windows 8 notification (the one that appears in the upper right corner). It's amazing but there are problems. When I clicked the notification, it just open the home section of eset gui instead of the quarantine section. There's nothing in the home section that has to do with the detected malware. Second, the information is cut. it's says that "connection terminated - quaran....." and there's the icon logo. Is there a way to change that?

If I may ask, where can I revert the notification like from the previous version? It's only a backup plan. :D

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello edwardmax2010

The issue whit the notification in the upper right corner, that is cut, that I have see for a while back when I tested windows 8 own security capability. So I was curious to see, after I have read your post, if it still was the case. Went through 3 malware links, and as you can see, the notifications is no longer cut, or so it seems. But it it still so, as you write, when you click the notification, it just open the home section of eset gui instead of the quarantine section, and that make no sense to me either. I have placed a wish about it in "Future Changes to ESS" hope you dont mind. Link to post: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2202441&postcount=607 (I forgot to write that the two first piecess of malware I tested were quarantined, the third was blocked)

Regards, Janus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. edwardmax2010

edwardmax2010 Registered Member

Thanks. I thought I'm the only one with the issue. I hope ESET takes it into consideration. Regarding the notification, It's still cut for me. Maybe it's happening only for the english users.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
  4. encus

encus Registered Member

I prefer the notification at the lower right corner, just like the previous versions.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.