ESET V4.xx in company environments

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SKN_EDV, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKN_EDV

SKN_EDV Registered Member

Hello,

We are currently using ESET Smart Security and Business Antivirus in our company environment.
    Since updating to V4.XX we have had many problems with firewall rules, signature updates and also with the installation/uninstallation of ESET products.

The ESET support recommended us to manually uninstall ESET Products, even if we only want to install an update from e.g. V4.0.417 to V4.0.424 .

Manually uninstalling ESET products, in the way the ESET support told me (deleting folders, drivers, and zombie-services that haven’t been removed/disabled by the uninstall-routine), means approx. 20-30 minutes of work for every single client in an environment with more than 200 PC’s and Laptop’s :mad: . You may imagine that it is impossible for us to spend more than 100 hours of work every time ESET releases an update, only because the uninstall-routine doesn’t work properly.

Please tell me how to handle this problem!?!

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Are the workstations communicating back to the RA Server? (usually done via port 2222) You can tell by opening the RA Console to see which machines have reported back.

If they are reporting back, you can simply push out an UNINSTALL package.

Do you currently have a case open with ESET Support? If so, please PM me the case number so I can have it escalated and reviewed.

Thank you :D

3. SKN_EDV

SKN_EDV Registered Member

Yes, all our clients are comunicating with the ESET remote console. However uninstalling the older versions by a remote console still leaves ESET folders and drivers (such as efpw and efpwtdi) on the Computer.

I spoke with the german ESET support and they strongly reccomendet us to manually delete those remaining folders and drivers before installing the new version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.