ESET v4.0.437 Firewall Question/Issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I have Vista Premium 32bit and ESET Smart Security lastest version (I believe). Version 4.0.437.0

For the last week or so the firewall logs have been showing 2 items in brown ink and I don't know if brown ink is as scary as RED ink is and if my logs are worthy of contacting ESET on the web. (I truly have no idea at all if these logs are serious problems or not. All my settings, every one, is DEFAULT.) Maybe you all can help me out before I go that route. Here are the 2 messages that I Googled to no avail - at least nothing at all that I actually could understand:

1) Incorrect IP packet checksum

2) Incorrect TCP packet checksum

Any idea at all what these messages mean or why I might be getting them? Most importantly, what action, if any must I take? Can I delete these brown logs or should I keep them?

Thank you all in advance. Have a GREAT & SAFE holiday weekend/vacation.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. newbie2247

Thank you for the link. But it's all Greek to me. I don't understand a single word of it and that's the honest truth. All technical jargon and I don't have a translator handy. Appreciate the post though.

Maybe somebody can please TRANSLATE that for me? I'd very much appreciate that as I do not know if I am in any kind of trouble here. Bad, bad position to be in IMHO.

Thanks again and wish me luck.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

nothing to worry about and you can delete those logs. if they come back, post again and be prepared to do some investigation even in Greek ;)

5. newbie2247

Thank you. The last ones were a couple of days ago. I'll delete them and if they come back, I'll post here as you very kindly advised.

You did a good thing and put a dingbat geezer's mind to rest. :thumb:

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.