ESET v4.0.437 Fire Logs Problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I've had v4 for a while now and my firewall logs have always been totally blank unlike v3 with all the various forms of nonstop cache attacks, hel. Thank goodness that has stopped.

Recently, very recently in fact I am now getting bombarded with 3 error messages in my personal firewall in BROWN in and am kind of anxious about it. Blue ink, fine but brown ink has me chewing my fingernails and toenails. Please advise as Googling around and ESET KB has not enlightened me one bit on this and I would appreciate all the input and feedback possible. I'm (as many of you here already know, lol) a worrywort, ignorance of all things technical and the high anxiety type. Sorry about that. :oops:

1) Incorrect IP Packet Checksum

2) Incorrect TPC Packet Checksum

What should I do? Is it a known bug that is to be fixed? I have Vista 32 bit and use ESET Smart Security Suite v4. All my settings are "default".

Thank you all very much in advance and have a great summer! :)

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I don't think it is anything to worry about especially if you are behind the router. However, if you want to follow the advice in post 4 and use wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) to maybe log the actual packets in attempt to track the cause then you can :)

3. newbie2247

Thank you for the Wireshark tip.

I wouldn't know what to do with it or how to "follow the cause". I'm that ignorant of all things "techie".

Sorry for all my typo's earlier.

Forgot to ask, where is this "Post 4" so that I can read it please.

I'll gladly go that route if you or somebody can shed some light my way. Very gladly.

I tried to find out what the 2 error messages actually mean to no avail - which really surprised me. Especially at the ESET KB website.

Is this one of the problems that everyone is up in arms about as regards ESET's current firewall or is it a bunch of other problems?

Thank you again.

4. newbie2247

I forgot to ask:

Where can I find this "post 4" so that I may read it please?

Thanks again.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. newbie2247

Thanks for the links and help.

I just looked up my firewall version and it is 1050. So, the bugs are still very much there as I am getting both those "packet checksum" entries in my logs whereas I was not getting any entries at all.

Wonder what changed things?

Also, I wish I knew how and what to do with the Wireshark. I did download the freebie from your link. It's just sitting there on my desktop looking pretty and bored, heh.

Computers generate more problems than kids, cars or homes IMHO. :rolleyes:

8. newbie2247

"To resolve this issue if your Personal firewall module is an older version, add the IP address of the domain controller to the Trusted zone."

Anybody care to translate this for me? If I get easy to understand instructions, then I can do it. Same goes for the Wireshark.

Flowcharts, blueprints, whatever. AKA "instructions for dummies".

Thank you everyone. Appreciate it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.