Eset unable to read capacted files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by herveo, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herveo

herveo Registered Member

Hello,
    I apologize for my english ...
    I'm using Eset security V 3.0.650.0 under vista familial premium and have made the last update on may 1er 2008.

During a complete "strong" scan i recieve a lot of message in the "scan result dairy" about "unable to finish unpacking .... file, due to a lack of memory or space or problems with temporary directories" (self made translation from french ...)

in fact all file having extention like .cab .jar .chm .zip .accdt .ott .png and some .exe where not read during the scan process .....

I'm very disapointed ... is there knowed problemns with vista rights ?

I hope really that ESET V3 can do this job !

I'm using nod32 V2 and don't meet this kind of problems under xp on my old laptop with sames files ...

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

HerveO

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem is the temp folders have been tempered with after enabling UAC. Delete and recreate them with UAC enabled so that the appropriate permissions to these folders are set.

3. herveo

herveo Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

(I apoligize one more time for my english)

the trick you gave me work for some folders , i have to assign the ownership of the folders to my user session while they have administrator ownership.

I'm surprized that eset was not abble to work under vista with highest administrator rights . I meen that an antivirus have to have access to all files and folders for scan and erradicate porpose.

My os is vista familial premium sp1.

did any of us share same problems ?

Thanks

HerveO

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Any program is limited by the operating system. If you don't set the appropriate permission for specific folders, the program won't be able to access it regardless of whether it's an antivirus, backup program or an ordinary application that you use.

5. xxchr15xx

xxchr15xx Registered Member

would the temp folders mentioned be here
    C:\Users\Chr15\AppData\Local\Temp
    cause i have the same problem on my vista basic

6. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.