ESET Tech Support - Not responding to Tickets??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jonkoer, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonkoer

jonkoer Registered Member

I just spent over $600 purchasing Eset Smart Security Business Edition for 5 computers, 3-YEARS licenses, plus Eset Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server (5-licenses).

I am having a SERIOUS and URGENT problem on one computer - the Firewall component is absolutely not working. (I have a thread here about it - "HELP!!! Error msg: "Failed to change settings" ").

I submitted a Support Ticket to Eset several days ago asking for help with this problem, which is very serious for us - no firewall on one PC in our critical business network.

Four days later, no reply whatsoever from Eset Tech Support.

This is extremely disappointing technical support performance -- to the point where I'm considering the possibility of demanding a refund of my money and looking elsewhere for security software. But I would prefer not to do that if there is hope of actually getting some support.

I would like to ask members of this forum: Is this lack of response TYPICAL of Eset's tech support nowadays??

It is nice that they have this forum for self-help/peer-assisted help, but it is not a substitute for expert intensive help to solve a critical problem. My thread in the forum here has gotten only a couple of small responses, which were appreciated but have not come close to solving the problem, which I've been tearing my hair out over for four days now.

Eset is charging a premium price for their products - $60 for 1 home user 1-year license. For me and my tiny little business, $600 is a very large amount for me to spend, but I was willing to spend it in order to get THE BEST security support. So far, I'm not getting it, and I'm hoping to hear from people here on whether the lack of response to my support ticket is just an atypical, anomalous event.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You did not state which part of the world you are in, but in the United States and Canada, you can call ESET's technical support department toll-free at +1 (866) 343-3738 [Monday through Friday, 6:00AM - 6:00PM Pacific] for assistance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. jonkoer

jonkoer Registered Member

Thanks for the phone number (of course, it does not help me since it's the weekend).

1. But you did not answer why I have not gotten any response to a support ticket - in 6 days now. If that is typical for ESET, then that's pathetically bad.

2. 8am-6pm M-F support? That's terrible, for an antivirus/security company. They need to provide support 24/7, or at least 18/7.

How would you like it if your Home Security Alarm System only worked from 8am-6pm, M-F? So if you have an intruder on the weekend or at night, well, too bad, you'll have to wait until Monday for us to get the police out there for you. That's ridiculous, of course, and so is ESET's support hours.

4. agoretsky

Hello,

Unfortunately, you did not provide me with detailed enough information to attempt to look up a support ticket, so I cannot answer your question about the current status of the issue you reported.

I suggested that you call ESET directly via the toll-free number to find out the status of the issue you reported.

Free electronic support is available seven days a week; free telephone support is available between 6:00AM and 6:00PM on weekdays (Pacific time zone). Service level agreements are available for support outside of these hours and days as a value-added service.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. BeLGaRaTh67

BeLGaRaTh67 Registered Member

I have to agree with the OP regarding slowness in responses. I asked for help over a week ago, and I did receive a reply, but about something that wasn't even related to my issue. I replied back advising that there may have been a mistake and delivered my question again. Sadly no one has been back to me since.

Is there anyway I can get a refund on the remaining 2yrs of my sub, as quite frankly this level of service is disgusting.

6. agoretsky

Hello,

You can contact ESET's customer care department at the number above, too.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. BeLGaRaTh67

Thanks for the advice but calling an international number is far too expensive.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

So what country you're from? If you're not from the US you must have contacted your local distributor.

9. BeLGaRaTh67

UK but the uk number is a premium rate number too

10. agoretsky

Hello,

I found contact information for ESET's distributor in the UK here on their web site. I believe an "0800" prefer indicates a 'toll-free' ('free phone' in the UK?) telephone number.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

11. BeLGaRaTh67

Thanks for the time but the freephone number is for sales and marketing only, I have tried and asked to be put through but they advise they cannot and have to dial the premium rate number :(

12. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello BeLGaRaTh67,

Have you used the support request form from the ESET UK site?
    http://www.eset.co.uk/Support/Contact

If you have a case number can you please respond with it to the PM that I am sending. I would like to get you assistance. Also, if you have any information about your issue please include it and I will see if our support engineers at my location have any advice on how to resolve it.

Thank you,
    Richard

13. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello jonkoer,

I have read the mentioned thread that you created for your issue. You mentioned that you have a case open with the support team. I will PM you, can you please respond with your case number and I will look into this.

Thank you,
    Richard

14. martytx

martytx Registered Member

Yeah if you like 1 hour old times after which you leave your phone number and they never call back.

You are lucky you didn't get an email. It took me 3 replies before I realized they were auto generated by what I typed. Old age. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.