eset sysinspector

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kennethtb, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

Hi two questions for sysinspector ..

Why are there so many 5:unknown items shown under files and registry entries? including items such as eset drivers and files.

Why are persons (with particular problems) not being asked to attach details of a sysinspector report for consideration by experts on this forum? (same as KIS) perhaps some would prefer this option rather than sending such details to eset support. :blink: perhaps the solucion would come quicker and avoid some of the confused hit or miss answers that members try to offer in good faith.
    regards

2. Football

Football Registered Member

I am also curious about this. Why are ESET files marked as unknown items?

3. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

Hi again Can someone out there (perhaps a moderator) please give your reaction to this thread. thankyou :blink:

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In response to your questions:

1. Enumeration of additional objects will occur in future releases of ESET SysInspector.
    2. I personally am a bit leery of asking people to upload ESET SysInspector log files for public view since they (1) may contain information the user does not wish to share with forum members; and (2) may use up quite a bit of disk space and bandwidth if directly uploaded to the forum. When an ESET SysInspector log file would be helpful, forum members are usually asked to send one via email to support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Would you mind sending me an ESET SysInspector log that shows this? I have sent you instructions via PM. Thank you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.