Eset Sysinspector stopped working on 4.2.58.3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jetpilot9, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetpilot9

jetpilot9 Registered Member

Tried to use the Eset Sysinspector system analyzer tool after installing Eset Smart Security 4.2.58.3 on Win 7 64 bit and received the following message:
    System analyzer tool has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
    Everything else is working correctly. Was just testing everything after installing. Rebooted and received the same message as above.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. jetpilot9

jetpilot9 Registered Member

Yes. Deleted the first 4.2.58.3 download, re-downloaded, uninstalled and re-installed 4.2.58.3 and have the same problem as before.
    System analyzer tool has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. jswas

jswas Registered Member

I use eset antivirus and experience the same problem. Prior to the sysinspector module change from module 1214 to 1216 it worked just fine. I have filed a report with eset support and all they could suggest was for me to uninstall in safe mode and reinstall. I did not follow their instructions but uninstalled using the eset tool, deleated all folders and all registry keys then reinstalled eset but still the problem persists!! I have told them that sysinspector module 1214 worked ok and that the problem (stops scanning @ 45%) only occurs with the updated module 1216. At the moment I use the Standalone Version. I guess we will need to wait till the module is upgraded!!

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is it possible for you to upload a crash dump from ESET SysInspector and send me a link to the download in a private message?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. jswas

jswas Registered Member

Hi,
    I checked the event log which sent me to the following link for a solution to the problem. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd349371(WS.10).aspx

This refers to event ID 7011 which suggests altering the Services Pipe Timeout. I am not prepared to alter the registry values as I would not wish to end up with more problems.Besides the "services pipe timeout" does not appear in my registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.