ESET Sysinspector detects non existing registry entries!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edd080, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edd080

edd080 Registered Member

Hi to all, tried searching for something similar to my problem, however i did not find anything...
    i recently purchased the Eset Antivrus 4 for my home pc,after being infected with a nasty virus, which I managed to clear completely..

I ran sysinspector which found an entry in my registry, pointig to an exe file which was used by this virus in the startup location, 'C:\windows\temp\vqh.exe' , I right clicked on the entry and clicked on the option to take me to that entry in regedit, however i could not find this entry anywhere.

How come is sysinspector detecting this registry entry when I cannot actually see it? My username is administrator of the pc so I am sure that it isn't a problem of permissions.
    In the manual of the anti-virus i have read that it is possible to run a script which can remove certain entries that sysinspector detected by marking the text file and running it as a script, can this be done in my situation?
    iam using Windows 7 (32-bit) as my os which is fully updated
    I have also checked for any updates to eset AV but the updates are current and no further updates are available.
    Thanks for any help....

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

My initial thought is that the registry entry in question might be inaccessible due to damage done by the initial infestation or from the presense of something still on the system which is actively cloaking it, like a rootkit, but those are just guesses on my part based on the description provided.

I would suggest opening a support ticket directly with ESET's technical support department in order to begin troubleshooting the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. edd080

edd080 Registered Member

Hi thanks for your reply, that is what I did a couple of days ago but received no reply :( , that is why I posted in the forums here. Iam attaching a screenshot and of sysinspector and the regedit, you may notice the entry detected by inspector, and no entries found in regedit relating to that path...

Attached Files:

4. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

Pm me the support ticket, ill look into it.

Regards,

Jesus

5. edd080

edd080 Registered Member

PM is unavailable, at least that is what I am getting,

i posted my issue through this link... here , no support number was sent to me, I used the form through the help option on my AV program and clicked on the contact customer care through portal.

Thanks for your help..

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. edd080

edd080 Registered Member

Thanks , replied to your message. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.