ESET Support

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guest, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I just want to share how GREAT ESET's email tech support is. /sarcasm

1/10/2008 - Sent email asking how to push disable the splash screen

1/17/2008 - ESET finally responds only to ask if I'm still having the problem. I reply to say yes.

1/29/2008 - They respond again and ask why I cannot locate this option in the RAC. I reply to say yes I see it but it does not work...

2/14/2008 - They reply to ask if I'm still having this problem.

Crap like this makes me dump a companies product like I did with Symantec. If you'd like me to renew our licenses then you have 11 months to shape up.

On a side note, Splash Screens were cool in the 90's. Other than the Evaluation version, it should be ripped out of the application. No need to advertise your product once its already been purchased.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

My simple comment would be that most likely you have come accross some exception . Generally ESET Europe and my local support have been fast in responding both my own and my client's questions . Bernie Gallant from the USA support was also fast . I can't comment on others .

Next time you can try telephone

Well , in your case , may be not ........ but keeping clients interested in the product 24/7 is a must nowadays if you want them stay with you ;) :thumb:

3. guest

guest Guest

Yes, and the way to do that is minimizing bugs, fast response to existing bugs and good customer service. Not displaying your logo to my users in Accounting who have no idea what ESET, NOD32 or antivirus is.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I've been disappointed lately too. I know this has been a busy time for them but customer support is important. I hope Eset doesn't lose sight of this... :)

5. piranha

piranha Registered Member

support could be better from a local reseller than from eset itself

6. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Yeah i hate them to, and they seem to be making a comeback, my latest defragger also has one, thankfully they can be turned off. Maybe they are there for those with bad memories who need reminding whats on their sys, i dunno lol. :)

7. zorbis

zorbis Registered Member

HI guys,
    from my point of view ESET started to disappoint customers when they decided to develop the security suite; IMO they had a top notch security application in nod32 2.7 (ESET made their worldwide reputation on that) and unfortunately the standard went down with the new version.
    My licences will expire next september and i'm really looking around to find a valid replacement for me and my customers..really don't know what to say as nod32 has been my top choice antivirus software for years and i hope that the guys at ESET have a look at this forum sometimes and realise that a lot of people are not happy with the company latest developments.
    Personally i will stay with ESET only if i see commitment from them in improving customers relations, quicker response in "bug fixing" and finally stay above the competition.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have seen an increase in communication in the last few months from Eset. Did it need to happen, yes. Were some lessons learned, yes. There are fixes on the way and I also have 2- 2 user licenses that expire in August. A few months ago I was sure I would let them expire and that would be the end. But, we all make mistakes and the strong learn from them, and this is what I see evolving with Eset. Yes a very painful lesson learned, but one that will benefit them and their customers for the future. They have some surprises for the future and at this point I am satisfied with their efforts. Provided the statement made at the first of the year that fixes for the current situation would be coming in the first quarter of this year. The clock is ticking and I really hope they fulfil their commitment. That will be the reason I will renew in the fall.

9. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

guest, did you contact support a year ago? You have 2007 as the date? Long time.... maybe your PC clock is off a tad.:D

10. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

he may be writing date the "proper way" (British way!) rather than the improper "American way" 1/10/2007 =1st Oct 2007!

11. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I know this section is for NOD32, but this is on the same topic.

2 weeks ago I sent an email to support recommending a modification to the ESS uninstall routine because there were registry entries and remnants of folders and the erkn.exe left in C: that were not uninstalled.

no reply.

12. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

No Reply = ESET. A very disturbing result.

13. guest

guest Guest

Blah, edited. I'm slow, takes me 3-4 months to pick up on a new year.

14. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

LOL just joking with ya. :D BTW if you had it the English way, then one date would be the 1st of 29th month of 2008 (somewhere in the future perhaps??):D I'm from Nebraska and to us a beefeater is some guy that raises cattle. *grin*

15. Farmand

Farmand Registered Member

I dont know if its this your looking for

http://shup.com/Shup/23743/108118212425-ESET-NOD32-Antivirus.jpg

SplashScreen.jpg

~Please follow FAQ concerning Image Posting and our Third-party hosted image policy in regards to "experience has shown us that attachments at most image hosting services "go away" after time"....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.