eset stripping content of email body

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aluminex, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

Has anyone experienced any issues with eset stripping content out of emails and not logging it?

I experienced this with version 3.0672 - anytime someone would send an email with a link embedded the recipient received the email but the body was completely blank. This happened on multiple machines and after upgrading eset to the next version available the problems disappeared.

I think we are experiencing the same thing with the latest version of eset.

Any ideas?

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Please let us know what exact ESET antivirus products are being used, on the clients, and server, including the version, and build number.

Is a distribution list being used to send the emails?

If you are using Outlook, are the email clients in cached mode?

Is email tagging enabled?

Try disabling email tagging:

How do I add or remove the "checked by ESET" notification tags that are appended to my email? (4.x)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2105

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Under advanced email parmaters do you have convert email body to plain text checked ?

Attached Files:

4. aluminex

5. aluminex

No - it isn't checked

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I'm not bailing on you aluminex, that's beyond my depth of the product, especially MS Exchange - best bet, submit a Support Ticket to ESET

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Can you confirm or deny that it happens with default settings, ie. with appending tags to scanned messages disabled?

8. aluminex

I have what I assume is the default - I haven't changed any email settings....

I have append to infected email only - This seems to be a fairly large issue. Microsoft has an article pretty much saying every version of 4.x is susceptible.

What do I need to disable to fix this? It is happening sporadically.

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately, the only cases we're aware of when the body in received email is blank are those when the "Scan RTF email body" box is enabled and one of the latest MS Outlook versions is used as email client :/

10. aluminex

Based on the article this could happen with any outlook or owa version on Exchange 2010 and any version of ESET 4.x.

Do you have any other ideas? This is very frustrating as I have had a plethora of issues from this software and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier - managing 3700 clients is very cumbersome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.