ESET SS v4 Automatically delete threats/no user input

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by robclarke41, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robclarke41

robclarke41 Registered Member

Hi All,

I have ESET smart security rolled out to all our users and have it managed centrally using the remote administrator console.

Here I have setup weekly scans however I have a small problem in that after the scans complete and malware is found the user is then prompted for what action they want to take. i.e. malware has been found do you want to a)take no action b)delete or c)quarrantine.

I don't want this as I want all malware to automatically be deleted without asking the user. I've searched all over the config for a a way of forcing this but can't find it can anyone help?

Thanks
    Rob

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can set the cleaning level to 0 (no cleaning) so that the user is always prompted for an action if a threat has been detected. However, this is not recommended as common users may not always choose the right action which might result in infection. Let me emphasize that no file is deleted automatically; if a file is to be cleaned or deleted, it's always quarantined and you can restore it at any time.

3. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

He wants no user-input so cleaning mode should be set to 'strict' if you want automatic cleaning and deleting of files. A 'copy' of the file will still be in quarantine of course.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You're right, then as you wrote, strict cleaning mode should be the way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.