ESET SS crashing to BSoD when (dis)connecting to network/internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Henduluin, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henduluin

Henduluin Registered Member

Good afternoon,

Several months ago I switched over to ESET after having trouble with my previous AV/FW and I've only had positive experiences so far, aside from one issue that seems to have popped up a week or 3 ago. Namely: My pc crashes into a BSoD (while pointing to epfwtdi.sys as the culprit every single time) whenever I connect or disconnect a device to my network. Whether it involves rebooting my router, or connecting my Nintendo Wi-fi or even a simple hiccup from my ISP, within seconds I'm staring at an (unfortunately) all too familiar blue screen.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some support on how to fix this. (I can provide mini dumps if necessary)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    first of all, please confirm or deny that the problem persists with ESS 4.0.437. If so, contact customer care and provide them the minidumps along as well as a log from SysInspector. However, rather than minidumps we'd appreciate a kernel or full memory dump that you can create per the instructions here.

3. Henduluin

Henduluin Registered Member

Odd, I was under the impression the software automatically updated itself. Oh well.
    I've installed the new version and will try that for a couple of days. If it hasn't helped, I will contact customer care as you suggest.

Thank you.

4. catnotspam

catnotspam Registered Member

to Hendluiun exept ESS anyting alse ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.